Santa Claus is a Democrat. Ho, Ho, Ho.

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2012 11:20 am
Yes, he is.
Quote:
Not only does Santa have political affiliations, according to a new poll, but he has to worry about the fiscal cliff like everyone else.

RALEIGH, N.C. — North Pole residents can't vote in U.S. elections — and neither can mythical beings. But if they could, Americans believe Santa Claus would pull the lever for the Democratic Party.

A new Public Policy Polling survey found that 44 percent of respondents think Santa is a Democrat, while 28 percent believe he's a Republican.

Santa is nonpartisan when it comes to leaving Christmas gifts. Of the 500 people polled, 63 percent of respondents said Mitt Romney would get presents from Santa instead of a lump of coal, while President Barack Obama just barely made it onto the "nice" list by a margin of 51 percent to 49 percent.

People also believe St. Nick isn't immune to the looming fiscal cliff. Fifty-four percent of respondents said the combination of tax increases and massive government spending cuts would force Santa to cut back on benefits at his North Pole workshop.

Knew it all along. Merry Christmas
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 802 • Replies: 6
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2012 11:24 am
@MontereyJack,
Aren't the elves slave labor? If so, then wouldn't Santa be a Ayn Rand reading libertarian? Where poor (always naughty) children get crappy MADE-in-CHINA gifts and rich (always good) children get really luxurious gifts?
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2012 11:30 am
@tsarstepan,

what's he doing wearing that red suit?
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2012 11:32 am
@Region Philbis,
Furry red herring. Razz
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2012 11:45 am
@tsarstepan,

better...

http://christmassantacostume.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/20071-300x300.jpg
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2012 05:11 pm
Tsar, I'm surprised you don't know that the elves have been unionized for decades. They belong to P.O.W.E.R., the Polar Organization of Working Elves and Reindeer, Local 1. They've negotiated a paid six-month vacation every year, from January (after the big North Pole Post-Christmas Clearance Sale is over--the Eskimos relly make out like bandits with the bargains at that sale) to June. If you've recently noticed a lot of very short people in flip flops and Speedos with long gray beards on your favorite Caribbean island, that's the elves--they tend to travel incognito. Look for the union labe.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2012 06:50 pm
@MontereyJack,
Oops. I've been reading an old copy of the North Pole Times where I go my information from. Dated 1910 and the article is by some guy named Trotsky....
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Santa Claus is a Democrat. Ho, Ho, Ho.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 12:41:48