Finally an exorcism hotline.

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2012 04:07 am
We've all known people who are possessed by demons, and trying to exorcise them yourself can be a real bind, especially after a few pints. Next time you feel like bell book and candling a workmate, relax, and for once let the professionals handle it, just make a call to Milan.

Quote:
The Catholic diocese of Milan has doubled the number of priests who practice exorcism and set up a hotline to deal with the volume of calls.

In an interview published on a Church-affiliated news website, it said it had increased the number of specially trained priests from six to 12.

It has also published the names and mobile telephone numbers of priests able to deal with such requests.

The number, set up in early November, will run for a few hours each day.

People calling it will be able to book an appointment to see a local priest with specific training.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20561010
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,482 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Telamon

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 06:41 am
@izzythepush,
Saw this story myself a little while back. While people are at it, they might as well call the leech doctor to suck out the bad blood, or to puncture a hole in your skull to drain it of excess fluids…
dlowan

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 07:12 am
@Telamon,
Actually, leeches have had something of a revival....and are used to suck out, well, bad blood...ie infected material from wounds.

We still make holes in skulls to relieve pressure after head injuries which cause swelling...or remove some skull to allow the brain to bulge without damage until the swelling goes down.

Or do you know that and are being ironic?
Telamon

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 07:28 am
@dlowan,
Sorry, guess I should of used better, well err….poorer, examples. I was speaking of the negative use of such practices from the bronze age.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 09:42 am
@Telamon,
You're obviously possessed. You need a priest right away.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 09:44 am
@Telamon,
Btw, despite the fact that you're possessd by some sort of malign spirit, thanks for reviving this thread which had been voted down before anyone had a chance to react.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 09:51 am
What with the fast pace of modern life, what we really need is drive-thru exorcisms.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 09:53 am
@InfraBlue,
An excellent suggestion, I'd love to hogtie one of the neighbours and take him to one of those.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 09:56 am
@InfraBlue,
That reminds me a bit of the bit on Peepshow regarding mental health.

0 Replies