How to Clean Cowboy Boots?

Wed 14 Nov, 2012 11:54 pm
Hello Friends,

Finding a pleasant pair of leather cowboy boots that you can afford, that fits perfectly and looks good is an achievement. However, to clean the shoes, is a bit difficult for me. I want to know about its cleaning and maintenance.

Thanks and Regards,
Aaron Carlow
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,989 • Replies: 10
Topic Closed

laughoutlood

Thu 15 Nov, 2012 12:56 am
@Aaron Carlow,
First you must learn how to wrangle your cowboy.
0 Replies

roger

Thu 15 Nov, 2012 01:06 am
@Aaron Carlow,
Same as leather shoes. If they're muddy, rinse them off quickly with running water. Do it quickly with a wet brush because you don't want to soak the leather. If they're not muddy, skip that step and use saddle soap on a dauber brush. Make the lather thin and wet, and again, work quickly. Wipe the moisture off right away. Now, apply more saddle soap, but make it a thick mixture of saddle soap and water and put it on thickly. Saddle soap has a soluble oil, and you don't want to wash the final application off. Do wipe it off, though, and then give them a quick brusishing with the buffer brush. This will spread any wetness, and hasten the drying process.

If you add a shoe lotion or shoe polish, be sure to wait till they're dry.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Thu 15 Nov, 2012 03:18 pm
I like using lexol oil on all my cowboy boots.
roger

Thu 15 Nov, 2012 04:52 pm
@Ticomaya,
Is it good enough I should look for it? Is it used after cleaning and between cleanings?
Ticomaya

Thu 15 Nov, 2012 06:34 pm
@roger,
Yes, and yes. Can be found in tack or shoe stores. Good stuff. Good for any leather (not suede).

http://imageshack.us/a/img829/3610/lexolthumb.jpg
roger

Thu 15 Nov, 2012 08:02 pm
@Ticomaya,
I'll keep an eye out for a smaller bottle.
Ticomaya

Thu 15 Nov, 2012 10:47 pm
@roger,
Which they have.
0 Replies

ruletheworld

Fri 30 Sep, 2016 02:50 am
@Aaron Carlow,
Get some leather cleaner or mild dishwashing soap and warm water.
Use a dauber brush or toothbrush to clean the whole boot.
Use a damp cloth or rag to remove any excess cleaner.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Fri 30 Sep, 2016 07:06 am
http://i.imgur.com/p0zFYSn.jpg
0 Replies

stellacook

Tue 9 May, 2023 06:47 am
@Aaron Carlow,
Leather chaps are perfect for cowboys. They not only provide protection while riding horses but also give a classic Western look. Leather chaps come in various styles and designs to suit different preferences.

To clean leather chaps, you should start by removing any dirt or debris with a soft brush or cloth. Then, mix warm water with mild soap and use a sponge to gently clean the surface of the chaps. Avoid using harsh chemicals as they may damage the leather.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How to Clean Cowboy Boots?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 10:40:46