Tue 13 Nov, 2012 01:54 pm
From a Slashdot discussion:
This looks like a good place to post this. I took the data from this economist article
[economist.com] and broke it down by red vs. blue state according to this map
[washingtonpost.com]. This is what I found:
* There were 20 surplus states and 30 deficit states.
* Of the 24 states that voted for Romney, 4 of them had a surplus.
* Of the 26 states that voted for Obama, 16 of them had a surplus.
* Together, the blue states had a net surplus of 2.57 trillion, the red states had a net deficit of 1.50 trillion.
* The average blue state had a surplus of 98.8 billion; the average red state had a deficit of 63.0 billion.
* Four blue states (New York, New Jersey, Illinois, and Minnesota) each had a surplus greater than all the red states with a surplus combined.
How did Illinois get in the surplus column.
Moocher class . . . i love that tag. Maybe they should secede. Then they can come begging for foreign aid, and we can give them the bum's rush.