Is Preschool learning important for kids ?

Tue 30 Oct, 2012 05:05 am
Is Preschool learning important for kids ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 895 • Replies: 4
Topic Closed
No top replies

petersiddle526

Tue 25 Feb, 2014 06:13 am
Preschool education is a hot topic among parents and early childhood educators today. Preschool education is the foundation for your child education. The skill and knowledge that your child develops in the preschool
Lordyaswas

Tue 25 Feb, 2014 07:01 am
@petersiddle526,
Yet there are more than a few countries where kids are allowed to be kids until they are five or six, with excellent educational results.
0 Replies

Linkat

Tue 25 Feb, 2014 07:15 am
@rockyaline,
From a parent perspective - the learning as in reading, writing or whatever you consider the traditional education - will give an initial boost, but all the kids catch up soon enough that I found that part of the education almost did not matter.

What I found helped kids was the socializing - learning to get along with others, sharing and listening to instructions gave them the biggest benefit. Kids can possibly get this also through other means - but I found my children had it easier in school because they already knew the structure --- it also helped them in other things when they were young - sports, dance, other sorts of social things with other kids. They did so much better because they learned how to listen and pay attention.
0 Replies

saab

Tue 25 Feb, 2014 08:26 am
Once upon time in a far away country children played together on the street,
they had contests and made up games and developed their fantasy. When the weather was too bad - it even happens during childhood days - the children played in the homes of their friends. That way they learned how others live - poor as well as rich - what others eat, how strict other parents can be.
Now a days children do not have that chance really so it is best to have them in preschool so they are taught by hopefully good teachers to do things like reading before they get to school. Very important is that the teacher tells you what to play and when. Do not leave too much to a childĀ“s fantasy.
Also it is important that all children have to eat about the same thiings. It might not be good for your health to try something new which might even be homecooked. Health and safety might be against it.
0 Replies