Need help having internet issues and at witt's end

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2012 09:06 am
My wife and I having been having some internet connection issues and hoping someone can resolve them. We both run Windows 7 and go through a router connected to our ISP's modem.

During and only during raids we are having a complete drop off of internet in which we are disconnected from the game, ventrilo, and the internet (mozilla). All of the lights are on and working on both the router and modem and when I call the ISP they state the signals currently and previously look great and nothing is out of the ordinary. Last night I was on the phone with the ISP when another disconnect occured but he couldnt see anything all he kept saying was everything looks great. Please help!
Can this be some kind of undetected DDOS attack or something else. The logs of the router look fine nothing out of the ordinary I just have run out of options at this point
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 752 • Replies: 4
No top replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2012 09:23 am
@marine72781,
Only during raids?

Please explain raids comment................
marine72781

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2012 09:26 am
@BillRM,
In world of warcraft you have something called a raids which is a group of people who get together go to a place and kill a particular pixel character. During any boss fight we randomly have this issue of completely dropping out of internet in both the online game AND in any browser (therefore I don't think it is the game or the game's server).
BillRM

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2012 02:48 pm
@marine72781,
Let me get this straight you get a off the internet message and you need to reboot during this part of the game?

Do you need to reboot in order to get the internet back or unplug/plug the router and or moderm?

I am thinking of some corrupt DNS servers database if it was just the game and not other windows open to the internet to other sites.

Try going to the run command and type cmd then hit enter and then at the command line type netstat –s 5 >>c:\scan.txt and allow it to run when you are playing your game.

When and if you have a lock up go to the cmd window and hit ctrl c and then try to see if the file scan.txt will help out the cable people and you could post it here also.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2012 04:00 pm
@marine72781,
I did a google search on your game and lockup and it seems not uncommon to have computers locked up during raids but it seems to be the whole game playing computer not just dropping internet access.

Interesting problem.
0 Replies