Communicative English courses

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 09:18 am
What communicative English courses for foreign learners for all levels contain the most inclusive content for potential use in real life and provide practice in listening, speaking, reading and writing skills alongside pronunciation, grammar and vocabulary?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 767 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 09:46 am
@Complete,
A "Complete" one?
Complete

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 03:39 pm
@Butrflynet,
I've discovered a number of English communicative integrated skills courses. The question is how to assess which of them is the most appropriate (effective and comprehensive) for learners' practical needs.
Butrflynet

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 06:20 pm
@Complete,
Some of my transcription jobs are for a company that creates videos for ESL students. Their premise is that if an ESL student is able to hear the language verbally, they'll learn proper pronunciation and associate the words with the images in the video. If they're able to also read the language in captions while listening to the verbal language, the ESL student will learn to recognize the written words, associate them with the verbal words and images, as well as observe sentence structure and punctuation. Enhanced versions of their videos contain two lines of caption, one being the English and the other being the native language that are synchronized with the verbal language in the video. This way they also get the benefit of comparing the familiar and unfamiliar language structure while watching and listening to the video.
Complete

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 07:31 pm
@Butrflynet,
You have a pretty interesting and useful job helping creating videos for ESL learners. Videos for learning languages are the most useful tool (aid) for learners, especially videos with subtitles in both languages (native and foreign). Videos can reflect real life situations and settings with participants (speakers) from different age groups, with different regional language accents and varieties (for example, British and American English, formal and informal English (colloquial, slang). Can you provide me with a website of your language company so that I could explore information about their products? There are so many video and audio resources for learners of English and it's hard to evaluate how helpful their content would be for one's personal needs.
Butrflynet

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 08:07 pm
@Complete,
No, sorry. I've signed a non-disclosure agreement with them due to the proprietary nature of their product. You can probably find it with a Google search.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Communicative English courses
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 02:30:08