The Eyes of the Mind, Eyes of the Earth, Collectivism

RexRed

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 10:17 am
Ephesians 1:18 KJV
The eyes of your understanding being enlightened...

Comment: Do we also have eyes within our minds?

Revelation 4:6 KJV
And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.

Comment: Full of eyes?

The Ipod, Iphone, Ipad...

The ancients speak of enlightenment and the eyes of the mind. What is the source of enlightenment? Are we not collectively the eyes of the earth?

Does enlightenment come from a deep inner spiritual presence or an external collectivism?

The intention of this thread is to discuss and bring to light how technology has either fulfilled or changed the dreams of the ancients.

http://www.geardiary.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/ipod-earbuds.jpg

How have computers and machines shaped our understanding? Are the eyes of the soul fed through spirituality or through technology?

Technology has expanded our interconnectedness exponentially. Could the book of revelation and the Bible actually be talking about this time we live in now or does this time now somehow disprove the whole biblical premise of spirituality being our guide?

And what of artificial intelligence? Will microchip brains someday surpass our own ability to reason and invent? What spirituality will microchips need to compute and think? Can computer logic love?

The Bible has put forward so many clearly unbelievable things, like, demons being the cause of health problems etc... Is spirituality not just another fanciful means of explaining 'understanding' and what was unknown to the writers of the Bible?

Do we have eyes in our mind, windows in our hearts or do we exist by the collective brains wired together by WiFi, satellites and remote control?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,584 • Replies: 15
No top replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 10:39 am
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/424745_417328274983259_1501996079_n.jpg
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 11:31 am
@RexRed,
Quote:
Comment: Do we also have eyes within our minds?
Yes, it's called Intuition

Quote:
Revelation 4:6 KJV
And before the throne there was a sea of glass....... Full of eyes?......The Ipod, Iphone, Ipad...
Surely you're not implying something akin to our tablets

Quote:
The ancients speak of enlightenment and the eyes of the mind. What is the source of enlightenment?
Enlightened Speculation, reason, Intuition

Quote:
Are we not collectively the eyes of the earth?
In a symbolic, abstract way

Quote:
Does enlightenment come from a deep inner spiritual presence
In a symbolic abstract way

Quote:
or an external collectivism?
?????????

http://onelook.com/?w=collectivism&ls=a

Quote:
The intention of this thread is to discuss and bring to light how technology has either fulfilled or changed the dreams of the ancients.
Hope Rex you instigate some more discussion along this line

Quote:
How have computers and machines shaped our understanding?
As we become more dependent upon it we become its slaves

Quote:
Are the eyes of the soul fed through spirituality or through technology?
Spirituality gives us an encouraging sense of free will but beyond that I'm not so sure

Quote:
Technology has expanded our interconnectedness exponentially.
Wow, and how

Quote:
Could the book of revelation and the Bible actually be talking about this time we live in now
Doubtless you mean through a sort of prediction. No

Quote:
or does this time now somehow disprove the whole biblical premise of spirituality being our guide?
Certainly not a guide to technology unless in the broadest, abstractionist, symbolic way

Quote:
And what of artificial intelligence? Will microchip brains someday surpass our own ability to reason and invent?
Of course, it almost goes without saying--that is if we don't first destroy ourselves in nuclear holocaust

Quote:
What spirituality will microchips need to compute and think?
Come on, now Rex

Quote:
computer logic love?
Yes eventually machines will feel, think, love just as we do. Difference: Ours is wet while theirs will probably be dry, at first anyhow

Quote:
The Bible has put forward so many clearly unbelievable things, like, demons being the cause of health problems etc...
Yes we mustn't take it all literally

Quote:
Is spirituality not just another fanciful means of explaining 'understanding' and what was unknown to the writers of the Bible?
Fanciful yes, it's a stretch

Quote:
Do we have eyes in our mind, windows in our hearts
Up to now, so to speak

Quote:
or do we exist by the collective brains wired together by WiFi, satellites and remote control?
Not quite yet but it's inevitable
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 01:50 pm
Collective
col·lec·tive/kəˈlektiv/
Adjective:
Done by people acting as a group: "a collective protest".
Noun:
A cooperative enterprise.
Synonyms:
adjective. joint - common - corporate - aggregate
noun. cooperative

Comment: I am using the word collectivism as the first usage: Done by people acting as a group: "a collective protest".
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 01:53 pm
Before the Ipod and the Iphone there was the I know and I AM... Smile
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 02:28 pm
Thank you Dalehileman for your exhaustive and thought provoking response!

I think we are both on the same page here but the religious stuff I have introduced accompanying this thread has put a warp on the total picture.

I have a fascination with words, there are so many words in so many languages but I never really thought to define what exactly a word is. I have exalted words in senescence but I plan to contemplate on the very essence of what a word is in it barest form... Person, place or thing? Verbs, nouns, adjectives, conjunctions, adverbs etc...

John 1:1 KJV
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Comment: There are computer words (languages) and words encoded in our DNA... There are common words we use to communicate with our fellow humans. Words of grandeur and words matter of fact. There are words that are figures and literal words. There are magic incantations and words spoken as prayers... there are tongs that whisper words unknown even to the speaker.

These words are all pasted together in their various mediums to create this illusion we call life... Words are devices... The whole is equal to the sum of its parts... Words are the smallest common denominator of geometry. Words usually have a point from which all other words are drawn.
dalehileman

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 03:38 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:
Thank you Dalehileman for your exhaustive and thought provoking response!
Exhaustive only in the physical sense

Your kind response is a rarity and appreciated in this hermenuetic miasma of insensate dysphoria

Quote:
the religious stuff......has put a warp on the total picture.
Forgive me Rex but how

Quote:
I have a fascination with words,
As an erstwhile writer that's one of my problems too

Quote:
...... I never really thought to define what exactly a word is.
I had never thought to ask myself that

Quote:
I have exalted words in senescence
In mine with incipient Alz's I sometimes lose 'em altogether

Quote:
.......what a word is in it barest form... Person, place or thing? Verbs, nouns, adjectives, conjunctions, adverbs etc...
Yes they do fall in those categories

Quote:
John 1:1 KJV
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Somehow I guess this emphasizes the power of language but otherwise the Typical Blockhead (me) can't see much sense in it

Quote:
.....computer words......in our DNA........common words.......Words of grandeur and......fact..........figures and literal words.....incantations and .....prayers... there are tongs that whisper words unknown even to the speaker
.Rex you might have to clarify that last one

Quote:
.... to create this illusion we call life...
In a way words do facilitate illusion

Quote:
Words are devices... The whole is equal to the sum of its parts... Words are the smallest common denominator of geometry.......a point from which all other words are drawn.
For the benefit of our Average Clod (me) you might want to elaborate on these perceptions too
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 04:30 am
Dalai Lama tells his Facebook friends that religion “is no longer adequate”
http://io9.com/5942616/dalai-lama-tells-his-facebook-friends-that-religion-is-no-longer-adequate
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 12:32 pm
Dr. Garjajev claims that this communication is not something that happens only inside the individual cells or between one cell and another. He claims organisms use this "light" to "talk" to other organisms and suggested that this could explain telepathy and ESP. It was like human beings already had their own wireless internet based on our DNA. Wow!
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/375983_2724477992011_974411217_n.jpg

http://viewzone2.com/dna.html
dalehileman

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 02:00 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:
He claims organisms use this "light" to "talk" to other organisms and suggested that this could explain telepathy and ESP.
And Rex what's your reaction to this claim
RexRed

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2012 07:12 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Quote:
He claims organisms use this "light" to "talk" to other organisms and suggested that this could explain telepathy and ESP.
And Rex what's your reaction to this claim

If there were a few less electrons floating around in our atmosphere and space then when someone spoke, sound would not travel... and so life would not have had the need to evolve ears to hear and thus minds to perceive... Electrons are the rudimentary particles of light. Fewer electrons and light would not shine... Thus, we would not have evolved eyes... Light and sound both travel on chains of tightly packed electrons... A few less and the chains would be broken and both light and sound could not exist in the forms we take for granted... Light and sound is the very purpose and essence of our evolution and existence.

Our creator is both seen and heard...
RexRed

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2012 06:13 pm
I am slowly coming to the conclusion that words, just as light, are a product of both a particle and a wave. [nouns (particle) and verbs (wave)]
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2012 06:24 pm
Please do not read my thread if you voted it down... Yes, you...
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2012 08:16 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:
If there were a few less electrons floating around in our atmosphere and space then when someone spoke, sound would not travel...
Sorry Rex but you've got me there. Did you mean without electrons there couldn't be gas and hence no medium to transmit sound

Quote:
and so life would not have had the need to evolve ears to hear and thus minds to perceive...
Of course without electrons there would be no life nor minds

Quote:
Electrons are the rudimentary particles of light.
Forgive me Rex but I thought light "particles" were called "photons"

RexRed

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2012 09:59 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Quote:
If there were a few less electrons floating around in our atmosphere and space then when someone spoke, sound would not travel...
Sorry Rex but you've got me there. Did you mean without electrons there couldn't be gas and hence no medium to transmit sound

Quote:
and so life would not have had the need to evolve ears to hear and thus minds to perceive...
Of course without electrons there would be no life nor minds

Quote:
Electrons are the rudimentary particles of light.
Forgive me Rex but I thought light "particles" were called "photons"

Acoustic sound is carried across electrons of various elements and compounds which includes most gasses, liquids and even many solids. Photons are electrons also that have been charged and then freed from their atoms.

This is why you can hear bass through a wall and why light is slowed by water and other substances. The substances attempt to recapture the photons and turn them back into electrons.

I did get a B+ in high school chemistry and A's in high school geometry. This does not make me Einstein but it does give me a working knowledge of science in general. I chose those classes rather than take business electives because I have a continuous fascination and inclination to learn those things when I have the opportunity. Besides being a musician for nearly 40 years does give me insight also into sound and how it travels though a speaker wire and out to the acoustic domain.

The knowledge of the atom has change since I was in high school and much that I was taught has been either expanded or in some cases changed altogether. This is why I try to keep up on the subject whenever possible.

A photon being an free electron is like, a rose by another name is still a rose.

Thanks for the clarification Dalehileman. Smile

We might also consider, what is a photoelectron? Different but subtle shades of red...

The less dense a substrate the further elections can carry vibrations before the sound decays.

Your input here is welcome Dalehileman please give us your thoughts even if they contradicts my knowledge as it is. I can be wrong and I prefer to be up to snuff on my lingo... Smile
dalehileman

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 12:31 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:
Acoustic sound is carried across electrons of various elements and compounds which includes most gasses, liquids and even many solids.
Rex it might be purely a semantical matter but I had always understood sound to be a wave of compression in which electrons participate only peripherally by electrostatically holding atoms together

Quote:
Photons are electrons also that have been charged and then freed from their atoms.
I had always been led to believe not that they were two forms of the same thing but that the photon simply knocked the electron loose from the atom

Quote:
This is why you can hear bass through a wall and why light is slowed by water and other substances.
As to sound I had always understood its speed varied according to the "compressibility" of the substance through which the wave was "passing". As to light I had been led to believe a similar phenom at work though I'm hardly a physicist

And that the reason higher-frequency sound doesn't pass through a wall simply because it's more difficult to shake a heavier object at a higher rate. But maybe you're onto something never explained to me

Quote:
The substances attempt to recapture the photons and turn them back into electrons.
I'd been taught that the atom simply lost its electron til it regained it from some other source

Quote:
The knowledge of the atom has change since I was in high school........
Evidently so and possibly I just haven't kept abreast. Help somebody who understand this stuff, where have I been misled

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification Dalehileman.
You're quite welcome Rex though I'm not sure I've clarified anything

Quote:
We might also consider, what is a photoelectron?
http://onelook.com/?w=photoelectron&ls=a

Quote:
Your input here is welcome Dalehileman please give us your thoughts even if they contradicts my knowledge as it is.
Rex you're very tolerant of my apparent ignorance

0 Replies