Liquid diet for life

Fri 7 Sep, 2012 06:29 pm
Can someone live on a liquid diet for life, if they get enough calories, nutrients and protein from meal replacement shakes, orange juice and vegetable juice?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 4,730 • Replies: 10
Topic Closed
No top replies

tsarstepan

Fri 7 Sep, 2012 07:02 pm
@ashladdagirl75,
I guess in theory, it's possible by why would anyone (who has a choice: anyone who physically cannot digest solid foods being the only exception) want to live such monotonous life?
George

Fri 7 Sep, 2012 07:21 pm
@ashladdagirl75,
There are people who have to. I know one. But as the Tsar said, why
would you want to?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Fri 7 Sep, 2012 11:21 pm
@ashladdagirl75,
I guess if one's intestines or stomach were out of order or removed a strictly liquid diet might be essential--I don't know. But for a structurally intact digestive system I think fiber is necessary for health.
roger

Fri 7 Sep, 2012 11:31 pm
@JLNobody,
Absolutely, and a total liquid diet puts more faith in the diet than I would be willing to grant.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Fri 7 Sep, 2012 11:36 pm
@JLNobody,
The fiber aspect of one's diet could be fixed by adding fiber in powdered form dissolved into water or juice.
firefly

Wed 12 Sep, 2012 04:07 pm
@tsarstepan,
Actually, I think the liquid meal replacements, like Ensure and Boost, do have fiber.

But your suggestion is a good one if the person needs more fiber.

As to why someone might want, or require, a liquid diet--people who have difficulty chewing or swallowing food might need a liquid diet.
0 Replies

belmarrahealth

Mon 5 Nov, 2012 02:21 am
@ashladdagirl75,
Hi
In my opinion it is partially true. Without Diet the people can't live. Liquid diets are also very useful to health.But it is the choice of people.
Thanks.
ritu bhardwaj

Mon 5 Nov, 2012 11:11 pm
@belmarrahealth,
Ya Liquid diets are useful to health . help to keep your body hydrated and glowing your skin.
0 Replies

MilonJones

Tue 6 Nov, 2012 01:59 am
@ashladdagirl75,
Hello Friends,

In the world of liquid diets, the medical profession, entrepreneurs, major pharmaceutical companies and individual dieters are all hungry for a sliver of success. But recent medical studies as well as interviews over two months with 31 patients suggest that the nature of the formula diets could lead to psychological and physiological burdens that limit the diets' long-term effectiveness.
Transforming into a stud muffin (see above brackets) Becoming invincible even when the odds are stacked against you. And of course, spending all your hard earned to get smashed out of your face and waking up with breath like a buffalos butt in the morning.

Best Regards
Milon Jones
0 Replies

Serioussupplements

Sun 6 Jan, 2013 09:42 pm
@tsarstepan,
Hi,

A person doesn't need to eat food to live. A person can live on a liquid diet for the rest of their life, as long as they get enough calories, nutrients and protein.

Meal replacement shakes (Slim-Fast, Carnation Breakfast Essentials, Ensure, Boost, Special K protein shakes, etc...) have enough calories, nutrients and protein, and fruit and vegetable juices are full of essential vitamins and minerals. An ideal liquid diet would consist of some type of meal replacement shake and juice.Living on orange juice, vegetable juice and meal replacement shakes is possible. Most of the meal replacement shakes have a full multivitamin in them, and it is possible to meet the needs of many with just the meal replacement shakes and no juice supplements.

Thanks a lot!
MichaƂ Zalewski
0 Replies