starvation diet. not an update but read.!

Star07

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2012 04:12 am
PEOPLE IM NOT STARVING MYSELF!! IM JUST EATING 1 MEAL A DAY THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.!!! ALL IM DOING IS CUTTING DOWN TO 1 MEAL AND EXERCISING!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 2,046 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2012 10:26 am
@Star07,
Read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basal_metabolic_rate

Excerpt:

Medical considerations

A person's metabolism varies with their physical condition and activity. Weight training can have a longer impact on metabolism than aerobic training, but there are no known mathematical formulas that can exactly predict the length and duration of a raised metabolism from trophic changes with anabolic neuromuscular training.
A decrease in food intake can lower the metabolic rate as the body tries to conserve energy. Researcher Gary Foster, Ph.D., estimates that a very low calorie diet of fewer than 800 calories a day would reduce the metabolic rate by more than 10 percent.[24]
The metabolic rate can be affected by some drugs, such as antidepressants, which may produce weight gain.[24] Antithyroid agents, drugs used to treat hyperthyroidism, such as propylthiouracil and methimazole, bring the metabolic rate down to normal and restore euthyroidism. Some research has focused on developing antiobesity drugs to raise the metabolic rate, such as drugs to stimulate thermogenesis in skeletal muscle. Studies of humans with 100+ year life spans have shown a link to decreased thyroid activity, their resulting lowered metabolic rate is thought to attribute to their increased life expectancy.[22]
The metabolic rate may be elevated in stress, illness, and diabetes. Menopause may also affect metabolism.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2012 10:38 am
@Star07,
Who are you trying to convince that you are doing the right thing for your body?
Star07

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2012 02:51 pm
@Butrflynet,
everyone.. it is the right thing... did u even read? there is nothing wrong with cutting down to one meal and exercising.!
joanlynch21

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2012 08:43 pm
Limiting your meals to once a day, is it really safe? Your body needs some nutrients too or are you taking supplements?
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2012 10:46 pm
@Star07,
Star.

I wrote on your other thread on this ok.

However, I just want to say this. I can see your point, nothing wrong with eating less and exercising...

But, each body is different. And, it depends on exactly what that one meal comprises of as to whether or not it's good for you.

Based on what you've said so far? Basically veg only... You are missing too many components that your body desperately needs.

So if you are listening and I've agreed with you one meal, ok.. Why can't you comprehend that what that one meal consists of that you are eating, is not sufficient for you....

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 03:52 pm
@Star07,
If you're still alive perhaps you can try this diet instead:
Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 04:07 pm
I ALSO ONLY EAT ONE MEAL A DAY! GRANTED, IT LASTS FOR A FULL SEVEN HOURS AND I'VE PUT ON TEN POUNDS OVER THE PAST MONTH, BUT IT'S HEALTHY. BURP. WHY ARE WE SHOUTING BY THE WAY?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 05:01 pm
I DON'T EAT ANY MEALS IN A DAY--I JUST EAT CONSTANTLY. I TRY TO EAT ONLY COMFORT FOODS--CHIPS, CANDY BARS, PASTA SLATHERED WITH BUTTER, BACON AND EGGS, MASHED POTATOES. i FIGURE ALL THE EXERCISE I GET PREPARING FOOD CONSTANTLY MAKES UP FOR THE DIFFERENCE. VEGGIES AND FRUIT TAKE TOO LONG TO PREPARE--NOT LIKE DUMPING SOME PASTA IN BOILING WATER AND THE WAITING FOR THE POT TO BOIL OVER.

I DON'T KNOW, LORDY, WHY ARE WE SHOUTING?
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 05:35 pm
@Setanta,
HOW MANY CALORIES DOES SHOUTIN BURN?
chai2

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 06:55 pm
@tsarstepan,
NOT AS MANY AS SHOUTING IN A LARGER FONT! THEIRS' NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT! TO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY'RE IS!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 07:34 pm
So cute.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 07:49 pm
Here's what's wrong with it. Our bodies evolved when our ancestors were hunter/gatherers before agriculture was invented. Most likely they ate little bits of food lots of times a day as they found it rather than one big meal. Since we evolved under those conditions, our bodies are adapted to that type of regime. Civilization and modern patterns of eating are just the most recent blink of an eye. You might, though, be able to make an argument for eating several tiny meals a day
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 07:55 pm
@tsarstepan,
What? why are you all making fun of this person?
ossobuco

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 08:37 pm
@ossobuco,
And no, I can't see the video, as tsar knows. Maybe the poster cannot either.
Not knowing what is on it, I can't guess if the original poster would like to see it.
Really sucky post, though.
0 Replies