An odd occurance

roger

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 08:40 pm
Last time I logged on to the 'net, Yahoo mail wouldn't respond to my password. Not only that, a2k was haywire. Every time I tried to load a page, it would open without closing the previous page. At one time I had six pages cascading across the monitor. Finally, I disconnected and shut down the computer, and restarted everything. Now, it's all working normally. Any speculations, or is this just one of those things?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,944 • Replies: 13
No top replies

bigdice67

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 08:45 pm
I just re-logged after running on idle for at least 8hrs. My yahoo-mail and a2k always run at the same time and I had no problems whatsoever logging in again....
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 08:55 pm
bigdice --was that multiple posting intentional?

I've been having problems here tonight, too, Roger. I couldn't get in for one 15 minute period and I had the same problem with multiple pages open. I also couldn't get in last night for a while. In both cases, I left to surf elsewhere for what I thought would be a brief minute and couldn't get back here (and I left because everything here was moving in very slow motion and I thought maybe if I left and came back it would speed up). Just got back in now and it seems okay again.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 08:57 pm
OkOkOk, so I did have some problems... I deleted 4 consecutive posts, all with the same message!!! It also took me a while to see this Question Question I know I've been out drinking, but this is ridicilous Drunk
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 08:59 pm
I just had to shut down and restart as well, froze right up on me here.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 09:01 pm
I thought that the pages were loading kinda slowly, so I defragged my computer. That speeded things up.

What I HAVE been noticing is a plethora of double and triple postings. That happens when a member clicks, "submit", nothing seems to be happening, and then clicks again.

It happened to me a couple of times tonight. Once a quadruple post (I have absolutely no patience). Just a little while ago, I got an error message, but the post went through a few moments later.

So chalk up any craziness as problems at the server. Seems O.K. now. If it continues, I will look into it!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 09:01 pm
See! It's not just me! Maybe we're having some solar flare ups?
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 09:07 pm
I would think more in terms of attributing it to Jaysus, Mary and Joseph.....
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 09:21 pm
I'm also glad it's not just me.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 09:51 pm
I was having similar problems too Rog even with my MS Outlook mail.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2002 11:57 pm
That occured to me, Phoenix, but geez, I just defragged and did a thourough scan disk over the weekend.

Oh, I learned a cool new trick on ABUZZ, of all places. You can go to Tools on the browser and select Internet Options. Advanced, and then check "Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed." It's under the Security heading by the way. Now, isn't this a cute option? The box is unchecked by default.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 12:47 am
I've been having problems as well. I wonder what's going on with that. Tonight my computer keeps freezing up on me.
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 12:50 am
Same here. Seems to be an epidemic.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 06:35 am
roger- I love that automatic temporary internet files thingy. I have been deleting my cache manually every day. Thanks! Surprised
0 Replies