I met someone from sixty years ago online and now I've been shut off

ossobuco

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 08:06 pm
And next, tomorrow, I have to find this guy and tell him I made this thread about all this.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 08:38 pm
@ossobuco,
you might should ask the hamsters and their gerbil minions to erase his name...
ehBeth

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 08:40 pm
@ossobuco,
"lost email thread"+ gmail

13,600,000 hits on google

we're not the only ones who've lost/misplaced/trashed/hidden whole sets of correspondence
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 09:08 pm
@Rockhead,
why?

I might have met him when I was a child but not sure, though I at least saw his photo, which I still have - and our discussions have been good.
Our parents knew each other from LA. Plus I like him from our emails.

I don't think he's posted here on a2k.. he found my email from the profile. He saw a post of mine, a photo of the place we both used to live and thought I was copying one of his. This was happenstance. I took photos with my brownie camera when I was eight. (My father was a photographer, I already liked cameras then).

He did that too. His father also knew cameras. He's about nine years older. Our fathers were friends.
We both photographed those apartments and we now understand that.

He and I have stuff in common - I'm irate that gmail shut us off. Or, me off.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 09:28 pm
@ossobuco,
To summarize, I hope to keep talking with him; I'm offended by the cutoff.
DrewDad

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 09:51 pm
@ossobuco,
Try checking the trash folder. (My gmail page shows it as [Imap]/Trash)

There should also be an "all mail" option. (I have to click More then All Mail.)
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 09:53 pm
@ossobuco,
Hey, I've had that happen, too, and always wondered why. now I know. I hate gmail for that. I could send a message and then go look for it later for the email addy and it wouldn't be there and I could have sworn I sent them a message. So then I start to compose a message to them and their email pops up, but my previous emails are NOT THERE. I hate gmail, did I say that?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 10:19:12