Loch Ness Monster hunter has new photo, he says

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 03:49 pm
A man who has hunted the Loch Ness Monster for nearly three decades believes he has snagged the best photograph of - and some important new information on - the legendary creature.
George Edwards, a devoted Nessie hunter who leads searches for the monster with his Loch Ness Cruise business in Drumnadrochit, Scotland, just publically released a photograph of a gray creature with a mysterious hump schlepping toward Urquhart Castle.
"I’m convinced I was seeing Nessie as I believe in these creatures. Far too many people have being seeing them for far too long," he told the Inverness Courier.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/loch-ness-monster-hunter-new-photo-prove-existence-nessie-article-1.1128431#ixzz22cH9CkMb

That link will take you to Edwards' photo as well as the famous old 1935 shot that's been printed several million times. I, for one, am not convinced but would be interested to hear what you experts think.

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 06:19 pm
I don't know what to make of his picture. Something's there, but I don't see anything that says it is or isn't.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 07:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I don't know what to make of his picture. Something's there, but I don't see anything that says it is or isn't.

I don't either, edgar.
0 Replies

Torii

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 08:21 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
It seems to be a classical form of perceptual sensitivity.
When one someone is too caught up in something that they're interested in for some time, the brain makes credible lies to the eyes or ears, and suddenly it seems like the thing you’re interested in is being apparent to you in reality. Coincidence? I think not, since we know this man's "hobby."
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 08:23 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
That photo quality is off putting, at least to myself. People carry phones and iPads that can reveal every pore and blemish on a face, yet a guy seriously looking for Nessie, and with his own boat, can't come up with anything better than that.

Maybe there's something in the nature of the beast that makes it hard to get a decent picture.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 09:08 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:
Maybe there's something in the nature of the beast that makes it hard to get a decent picture.

Or maybe there ain't no such beast.
roger

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 09:14 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
That has crossed my mind.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 01:18 am
@roger,
Forget it - the monsters (!!!) are there, at least during the silly season!

http://i47.tinypic.com/27zzsc9.jpg
Source: Scottish Daily Record 04.08.2012
roger

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 12:02 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
And that's the proof!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 12:23 pm
Ya know, when our Animas River flooded some years ago, you would occasionally see tires rolling down the river. I mean, they were on end, just as they were when on a car, and they were rolling. Sometimes they would pop up and resubmerge after disappearing for a dozen or so yards. You had to look close to see they weren't Cecil the Seasick Sea Serpant
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 12:33 pm
I believe Nessie is real, she works down at the Flamingo resort every Sunday, she’s one big drag queen.
Green Witch

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 12:48 pm
Thirty years, major advances in photography and video, and this is the best he's got? I'm not impressed. If the creature existed it would have its own reality show by now.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 01:03 pm
@jcboy,
The Flamingo, that's perfect.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 01:04 pm
Thing is, I really want to believe in the existence of some prehistoric life form which somehow escaped extinction and survived in isolation in some such places as Loch Ness or Lake Champlain (between the state of Vermont and New York) which claims its own 'Champie'. But there is absolutely no credible evidence for it, just anecdotal horse-manure, like that unlikely photo. Sad.
Reyn

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 01:21 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Even if a photo was nice and clear, photographic evidence to a 3rd party is difficult for others to believe these days, with the possibility of image editing, etc.

I've seen some real good stuff that is very compelling.

In addition, if this guy was at all serious about getting a good shot of it, he should have had a good telephoto lens.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 01:37 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I've bee at Loch Ness a couple of times ages ago. It was misty/foggy every time, I've been, couldnt take pictures.
But my friends and I clearly saw Nessie and family ... the more of Loch Ness Single Highland Malt Whisky we had had the night before, the more we saw!
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 02:10 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Doesn't surprise me a bit, Walter. I've seen the damndest things while sipping Glenlivet and such.
rosborne979

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 07:42 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:
Loch Ness Monster hunter has new photo, he says
I say... "not good enough".

The other day I saw a story about a lady who claimed she saw a wild cougar in New Hampshire. She even had a video of the thing. It was definitely feline but it was hidden behind some leaves and trees and there was no really clear view.

This lady is only trying to prove that she saw a wild cougar, not a mysterious monster in a lake. And she had video sufficient to identify the genus if not the species, and *still* it wasn't good enough.

Then we have this guy in Scotland who takes a low quality snapshot of a lump in a lake and claims he's got proof of Nessie.

I think some people need to rethink what their idea of "proof" is. And CGI being what it is today, I'm not even sure a good high-quality photo is going to go very far.

I've seen a lot of things in the water that look pretty weird, until you get right up close and find out it's just a big chunk of garbage floating around.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 08:54 pm
Odd they never get a clear shot. If I spent years searching, I would have the best camera and a fast boat to get me there immediately as I took the picture. Something. I admit to having no expertise hunting monsters.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2012 04:54 am
Looks to me like a seal.

1. Forums
  2. » Loch Ness Monster hunter has new photo, he says
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 05:15:07