What’s the deal w/free video -warning signs of heart attack?

Linkat

Wed 25 Jul, 2012 02:57 pm
I’ve been seeing this a lot lately – not the video, but the actual link to the video. It is by Dr. Crandall and it says to watch this video to show you the 4 warning signs of a heart attack. I’ve clicked it but it ends up being too long and have not watched it all the way through.

I guess my question since it seems so important is why doesn’t he just list these signs? Give the info quicker? Is this some sort of scam? Almost reeks of it, if you watch the beginning or the video. Gives an example of someone that had the warning sign and ignored it, only to be rushed to the hospital and barely survive and guess who that person was? No surprise this doctor putting the video together.

That is where I stopped watching. Seemed fishy – anyone know of this? I couldn’t find anything really supporting or not supporting this video. But it is supposed to be a free video – anyone watch it all?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 9 • Views: 7,756 • Replies: 15
Topic Closed
No top replies

farmerman

Wed 25 Jul, 2012 03:41 pm
@Linkat,
its a commercial. I was watching "These four little known tips will help you lose weight easily"
Then it turns into an endless video of more questions and whats wrong with other weight loss schemes. When it gets to the "four tip", they want you to send em a credit card.
Linkat

Wed 25 Jul, 2012 03:59 pm
@farmerman,
Ah - I didn't see his food videos - just this one about warning signs of heart attack - it seems it appears on "legit" websites - looking like part of a newspaper - think cnn or other local news website. I thought it was some sort of report or article.

But when I clicked on it - it told a story of someone having signs of a heart attack - and like I said I wasn't surprised when it said it was him. I figured right there I wasn't going to watch more.

Once I did another search just for his name rather than the signs of heart attack (name of his "article") - I found the other stuff like you said with food and such.

So what are the chances this dude actually did have a deadly heart attack like he claimed?
roger

Wed 25 Jul, 2012 05:38 pm
@Linkat,
If he's still running commercials, the heart attack might not have been as deadly as he let on.
0 Replies

boomerang

Wed 25 Jul, 2012 06:56 pm
I haven't seen the ads or the videos my my neighbor recently had a heart "incident" and her doctor told her that men and women can experience a heart attack differently. All the signs and symptoms we're usually on the look out for are more typical of a man's heart attack.

She sent me this link: http://usgovinfo.about.com/cs/healthmedical/a/womensami.htm

ossobuco

Wed 25 Jul, 2012 06:58 pm
@boomerang,
I didn't look at that site (Linkat's) once a bunch of months ago. Eh!
0 Replies

Miss L Toad

Wed 25 Jul, 2012 08:38 pm
@Linkat,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myocardial_infarction

Of all the symptoms, sudden death is such a tell.

The onset of symptoms in myocardial infarction (MI) is usually gradual, over several minutes, and rarely instantaneous.[16] Chest pain is the most common symptom of acute myocardial infarction and is often described as a sensation of tightness, pressure, or squeezing. Chest pain due to ischemia (a lack of blood and hence oxygen supply) of the heart muscle is termed angina pectoris. Pain radiates most often to the left arm, but may also radiate to the lower jaw, neck, right arm, back, and epigastrium,[7][17] where it may mimic heartburn. Levine's sign, in which the patient localizes the chest pain by clenching their fist over the sternum, has classically been thought to be predictive of cardiac chest pain, although a prospective observational study showed that it had a poor positive predictive value.[18]

Shortness of breath (dyspnea) occurs when the damage to the heart limits the output of the left ventricle, causing left ventricular failure and consequent pulmonary edema. Other symptoms include diaphoresis (an excessive form of sweating),[1] weakness, light-headedness, nausea, vomiting, and palpitations. These symptoms are likely induced by a massive surge of catecholamines from the sympathetic nervous system[19] which occurs in response to pain and the hemodynamic abnormalities that result from cardiac dysfunction. Loss of consciousness (due to inadequate cerebral perfusion and cardiogenic shock) and sudden death (frequently due to the development of ventricular fibrillation) can occur in myocardial infarctions.[7]
0 Replies

Linkat

Thu 26 Jul, 2012 06:28 am
@boomerang,
Well it caught my attention because the other day when I was emptying more boxes from our move and carrying stuff up and down stairs over and over, my heart starting racing and I almost felt kind of faint. I sat down and put my head between my knees (no one was around) and after several minutes I felt better.

I figured it was the combo of running around so much with the heat and stuff. So when I saw this as I was reading something (I think it was on CNN.com), this link/article caught my eye. It was just clever enough in how it was presented that you thought it was another article within the website.
boomerang

Thu 26 Jul, 2012 11:05 am
@Linkat,
That's scary! Have you talked to your doctor about it?
Linkat

Thu 26 Jul, 2012 11:08 am
@boomerang,
No - I just figured I was running around so much that I probably got hot and dizzy. It really didn't occur to me again until I saw this link and clicked on it and thought who the heck knows - in any case it would be good to know.
boomerang

Thu 26 Jul, 2012 11:27 am
@Linkat,
I'm the kind of person who always insists "I'm fine, I'm fine".

Then when I'm at a regularly scheduled doctor appointment I'll mention something and my doctor gets pissed that I didn't call and ask about it.

I'm trying to get better about at least making a note so that I'll be sure to mention things to her....
Linkat

Thu 26 Jul, 2012 11:28 am
@boomerang,
yeah thats what I do as well - I do have an upcoming appointment - not sure exactly when it is - as I have to make it about a year in advance - I have it on my calendar some wheres..

Although she always tells me now healthy I am - I guess except the poison ivy crap...
boomerang

Thu 26 Jul, 2012 11:38 am
@Linkat,
I woke up a 3 AM to the smell of bacon frying. There was no bacon being fried but the smell was so vivid that I had a hard time believing that I wasn't frying bacon. After a few minutes the smell faded and I went back to sleep.

This morning I googled "smell hallucination" just out of curiosity. I learned I either had a brain tumor or that my allergies were acting up.

I took a Claritan but I was really hoping for a toast hallucination.
BaloneyBuster

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 11:14 pm
@Linkat,
Dr. Crandall is going to be one rich saint if his sales pitch pays off for his "free" warning signs of heart attack. First he scares people and then he bores them to death selling his newsletter subscription and finally he withholds the final two warning signs from the 30 minute video! Must buy the newsletter to get the whole "kit" with the free stuff. His faith is lauded on several sites, but this guy is all about money and his phoney free offer. If he wants to offer a service he could make it all available at no cost to himself by publishing an ebook. If anyone has the last two warning signs and is willing to put them on line, that might fry his feathers a little!
0 Replies

navyjax2

Mon 28 Jan, 2013 11:14 pm
@Linkat,
The one I watched wanted you to subscribe to his newsletter for "pennies a day" (which turns out to be $54/yr he wants) in order to get his kit of 4 other newsletters that describe how to stay healthy. I think it's just a way to get you to keep paying money for something you never really wanted in the first place. The 4 things never get mentioned in the video, 'cause he wants you to believe they are in the kit, though the titles of those 4 items in the kit don't lend themselves to that. They're about heart tests you should get, foods you should eat, etc.

He does finally mention them 3/4 of the way down in : Edit [Moderator]: Link removed

The 4 warning signs are:
1) Chest pain/discomfort, pain/discomfort in one or both arms, the back, neck, jaw or stomach
2) Nausea & sweating
3) Shortness of breath (with or without #1), lightheadedness/dizziness
4) Indigestion (he says "digestive issues" which may be "tricky", so order his kit... hmpf...)

I put the list above together from his list that had the first two and implied the last two, along with info I got from the American Heart Association site: http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/911-Warnings-Signs-of-a-Heart-Attack_UCM_305346_SubHomePage.jsp and the Heart Foundation site at http://www.heartattackfacts.org.au/warning-signs/ , so it's probably a pretty good list.
0 Replies

sbesis

Thu 30 Jan, 2014 10:52 pm
@boomerang,
I used to have smoke hallucinations(caused bcuz of blood pressure), 8 months down the line, i had a hollywood style heart attack and had a stent inserted, after a year I feel pressure in my chest, a lil bit of breath shortness, but vital signs for blood pressure are OK, even though my pulse sometimes goes down to low fifties, maybe because of the medication I am taking. i am turning 40 this May. completed stress test at cardio last month. Any advice - email me at [email protected]
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What’s the deal w/free video -warning signs of heart attack?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 12:27:32