Anyone here play HOLD 'EM?

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2004 11:07 am
Great game, but it can be expensive. Rookies should avoid believing they have it all figured out, because like all poker games, that's impossible. Even the use of strictly mathematically correct assumptions can not defeat the chaos factor consistently. Also, it is far more difficult to read your opponents online. I recommend reading SKLANSKY, and memorizing some play groups for different situations. Also, if you haven't already, learn to calculate your "outs". Luck favors the prepared mind. Good Luck all!
0 Replies

sjlanus

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2004 05:15 pm
yea, I am addicted to hold 'em. I have made tons of money off of my rich school friends who dont think they are masters of it, but have never read a word of strategy about it. it is the most fun form of poker ever especially since it looks simple like farmerman but in reality all depends on strategy.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2004 05:29 pm
If some of you people want to get together for an online game, I'd be up for that. We could get a table at PokerRoom or PartyPoker, or some other site.

Hell, we can play for A2K bragging rights.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2004 06:00 pm
I expect to organize an on-line competion among the A2Kers.

We'll get a table at one of the sites Gus mentioned.

I'm busy right now -- but I'll try to get to it this week.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 07:36:38