• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 634 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 10:35 am
@dalehileman,
It's a software component that allows other software to work. Such as flash to make a game playable. If it gets lost, or more likely screwed up, it's normally because you've downloaded something else or removed a program or the evil computer genies have mad a mess of your stuff. Generally, you don't recover it in as much as you repair it or get another copy from a reputable site. Your computer will normally tell you what you need, then you'll have to search for and have to re-download it. Sometimes, if it is an adobe product or the like, it (the computer) will give you a notice and options of where and how to download it from the page giving you the message in the first place.
dalehileman

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 11:52 am
@Ceili,
Thank you Ceili. I see the phrase often in a2k postings and wondering whether it’s the contributor’s PC or a2k software at fault, or some other more complex and subtle factor

Quote:
the evil computer genies have mad a mess of your stuff.
Don’t think so much evil as incompetent
Ceili

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 12:36 pm
@dalehileman,
Look, computers are big dumb boxes. The sooner you get that, the happier you'll be. A2K is a website. It doesn't have anything to do with your computer not working. Unless you've downloaded or visited a site you shouldn't have. Only go to trusted sites or get better virus protection. Still, these things happen. If it pisses you off this much, maybe you should shut off your big, dumb box and find another hobby. Like smelling roses or knitting, then the only problems will be your own fault.
dalehileman

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 01:25 pm
@Ceili,
Quote:
Look, computers are big dumb boxes. The sooner you get that, the happier you'll be.
Wow you can say that again Ceili. By the sheerest coincidence I just posted this one:

http://able2know.org/topic/193845-1

Quote:
A2K is a website. It doesn't have anything to do with your computer not working.
Of course I understand that. However I was just wondering about the source of all those “plug-in”’s, whether the participant’s PC, my PC, or a2k software, etc

Quote:
maybe you should shut off your big, dumb box and find another hobby
I keep telling myself that but I’m addicted

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What’s a plug-in
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.4 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 05:37:17