MS Word Sucks

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 02:21 pm
Can't really tell if it's my imagination or what exactly, but I strongly suspect that the world was a much happier place when WordPerfect was the standard wordprocessor. Has anybody here had experience writing documents with complicated headings with 1.1.1 -- 1.1.2 style numbering and tables of contents with both Word and WordPerfect who could offer any sort of an opinion?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,605 • Replies: 3
No top replies

roger

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 02:38 pm
@gungasnake,
I loved the old WordPerfect running under DOS, even though I sometimes did have to use the keyboard template. Never saw WP under Windows. I'm sure Word does more for someone that makes used of the features on a daily basis.
farmerman

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 03:38 pm
@roger,
I use n open source OFFICE SUITE and its got many of the WORD problems solved. Its as intuitive as the Apple system and its more of a meld of WP and W
gungasnake

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 07:12 pm
@farmerman,
I use WordPerfect (newest version) and OpenOffice for my own purposes, the problem is clients who insist on Word and complex documents which nobody can get right using Word.

The damned thing appears to be written in Visual Basic which is better than writing large software items in Fortran but not by much and it's programmable which makes having it on a computer facing the internet basically insane, and I get the impression that Gates is basically locking down 80% market shares with a combination of third rate software and fascist marketing.
0 Replies