Could I get in trouble for this?

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 09:13 pm
So a friend who is moving out gave me this hookah. She is an art major and it's a hookah with a top made of wood that is painted vibrantly, with aluminum wire tightly wound (looks etched) in various patterns. The bottom vase like structure is made of glass.
Then I looked at my wooden coffee table and it looks bare and has nothing but the current newspaper on it.

So I was thinking of putting the hookah on the coffee table, because it looks good, and well it looks better than a blank coffee table.
So is it illegal to put the hookah on the coffee table for decorative purposes in Illinois?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 2,579 • Replies: 8

ehBeth

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 09:14 pm
@aspvenom,
got any local shisha bars?
aspvenom

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 09:17 pm
@ehBeth,
Frankly, I don't know. I'll ask around tomorrow.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 09:38 pm
@aspvenom,
Don't know, but Illinois can be a little odd, though my experience there thankfully ended in 1970. Do they have any laws regarding paraphernalia? If they do, watch it! Also, check for incriminatin' residue.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 10:38 pm
@aspvenom,
You can smoke tobacco in a hookah and tobacco is legal so I can't imagine that owning a hookah is illegal.
0 Replies

Miss L Toad

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2012 10:38 pm
@aspvenom,
Quote:
She is an art major and it's a hookah

How does she draw?

http://www.skokiecriminallawyer.com/2012_05_01_archive.html

Quote:
Since the state must prove that you intended to use the paraphernalia to take or make drugs, simply owning a collection of bong pipes may not be enough to convict you. However, any drugs found near or residue on the paraphernalia can be used to show that you had the necessary illegal intent.

aspvenom

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 10:05 am
@Miss L Toad,
Thank you.

I asked her today morning and it is some sort of oil enamel paint. She used some kind of chinese or china (one or the other) brush.
Thankfully none of the paint went away, yesterday night, when I wiped the outside with light soap water solution, and the inside of the red glass vase like structure, and tray with acetone. Sue me, I'm a clean freak Laughing .
She said that the piece of work has not been used by anyone, and made it for me in the last week before she left for graduate school. Of all the things that she could've made me, she made me a hookah, which I will never know why.
She is one of those weird and funny people - in a good way. Maybe that's why we are very close friends.
0 Replies

aspvenom

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 10:11 am
Happy Independence Day everyone.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 4 Jul, 2012 01:15 pm
On the question, I don't know the answer - but I'd call it art myself.

Or maybe Arthur.

(Happy 4th, Aspvenom.)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Could I get in trouble for this?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 02:35:31