If the large wall clock is better?

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 03:33 am
I want to hang a wall clock in my living room, while the wall clock has the tick sound that is not cool. How about a silent one and does these two types charge differently?

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 05:39 am
@space007,
Wall clocks are most likely going to use batteries of some kind. So it's likely unless you use rechargeable batteries that different clocks doesn't recharge any different from each other.

You could buy a digital wall clock which doesn't have the typical ticking noise which myself, I don't mind. I suppose that also if you buy a nice wall clock the ticking noise will not be as prominent or even noticeable at all. My clock that I have in my kitchen doesn't have that stereotypical ticking noise.
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 07:02 am
@space007,

Quote:
If the large wall clock is better?

Yes much better thank you. I had the same problem except mine was a seemingly endless tock tock tock. And I was never that fond of the cuckoo either. I wound up doing away with it but was never charged.
Joe Nation

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 08:19 am
@laughoutlood,
Years and years ago, I admired a cuckoo clock in the master bedroom at my former father-in-law's house.
He said "Hey, why don't you take it home?"
I did.
My then wife was very happy because she had always liked the way the clock looked, but she said "You know, there might be something wrong with it because my parents have never wound it up and used it for a clock, it's always been just a decoration in their bedroom."
I carefully hung it on the wall in our bedroom.
I put the weights on the chains and gently pulled one weight down, then touched the little pendulum at the bottom of the clock.
TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TICK TOCK
"Ooooh, that's a little loud." said my then wife.
I had set the hands for one minute to four
boing. boing,BOING, BONG, CUCOOKOO, CUKOO, CUKOO, CUKOO
[CLACK] (that's the little door slamming shut)
~~~
So, we moved it.
To the other end of the house.......behind the hall door and the door to the finished garage which was my workshop.

No good.
You could still hear that thing ticking and boinging from any place in the house and even at the other end of the backyard.

So, we shut it off.
My former father-in-law apparently had bought it in Germany and my former mother-in-law had nixed letting it run in her house.
Neither of them ever asked about it.
My former wife said that she thought that they thought that if they did, we would make them take it back.
~~
I waited for years for somebody to say that they liked that clock, but no one ever did.
I made sure that the then wife WON that clock in the divorce settlement.

Joe(heh)Nation
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » If the large wall clock is better?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 01:06:35