Song in Tampax pearl com. "My baby's got class.."?

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 03:48 am
I am sure this has been asked before... somebody who comes in here HAS to know what this song is called and who performs it! It sounds awesome, but no matter how many ways I try to search for it on the net, I CANNOT find it... so I am deferring to those smarter than myself... you all... Help please!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,701 • Replies: 11
No top replies

caprice

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 04:03 am
A little more info please? Like...a brief description of the commercial itself? Any other words in the song? Female or male singing?
0 Replies

MacDevilish

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 04:10 am
The commercial has a girl (blonde) dressed in white... standing next to boyfriend... excuses herself... to go to restroom... sets tampon Shocked on windowsill.. it falls out window... she uses ingenious means to make a rope to recover the tampon and then comes back downstairs to rejoin conversation... only lyrics decipherable seem to be "My baby's got class.... she's really (surely?) got style..." song sounds like late 70's funk, but I am unsure... driving me crazy!!! normally I can search out a song, but this one is stumping me! Embarrassed
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 04:12 am
Hmmm...I'll have to watch out for it. I may know it if it is from the 70's bein' as I was around then. Very Happy
0 Replies

MacDevilish

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 04:15 am
LOL I was around then soon... just in smaller form... this is really driving me crazy though... I love great music and since I have never heard this one before it has my curiousity up... the comercial is rarely on now... i should have looked harder when it was on regularly...
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 05:31 am
Looked around the net. Only thing that I found is that there are a lot of people who have the same question as you.

I have an idea. Why don't you write to Tampax and ask them????

http://www.tampax.com/en_us/pages/common.shtml?pageid=fm0001

MacDevilish - Good luck and welcome to A2K! Very Happy Let us know how you make out!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 07:22 am
(I'm hoping it's not G. Loves, "My Baby's Got Sauce...")
0 Replies

MacDevilish

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 05:35 pm
Great idea!
I will indeed write to tampax... just was hoping that I could avoid that particular route... thought that it might be quite better to ask the counsel here! :wink: <<laughing very fully>> It is definately NOT "My baby's got SAUCE"! Thank-you sooo much for the welcome! I can't tell you how wonderful it is to be in the "virtual" company of such great people! Laughing
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 02:13 pm
Hey, McDevilish. I can't help you with your song, but maybe you can help me find mine.

It's played behind a commercial and the lyrics go something like:

Hand me down my walking cane,
Hand me down my hat..

Then something about the rubber band man.
Someone on another thread told me the name of the group who did it, but I couldn't find it in my search, either.

Hey, and welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 02:19 pm
Letty, I know that song. It was by The Spinners.

Hand me down my walkin' cane
Hand me down my hat
Hurry now and don't be late
'Cause we ain't got time to chat
You and me we're goin' out
To catch the latest sound
Guranteed to blow your mind
So high you won't come down

Hey y'all prepare yourself for the rubberband man
You've never heard a sound
Like the rubberband man
You're bound to lose control
When the rubberband starts to jam
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 02:24 pm
Right, Mac. I was trying to find the music to it also, so that I could download it on Media player. It's a dancing tune..and I LUV to dance.

Much obliged, Mac the knight. Very Happy
0 Replies

MacDevilish

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2004 08:49 pm
Hi All! Haven't recieved a response yet from Tampax... I will keep bugging them... Glad that someone knew the song that you needed Letty, cause I woulda had to have done some searching LOL. Anybody gets a lead on the "My baby's got class..." song let me know!!
0 Replies