tampon etiquette

flyboy804

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 09:21 am
Save it. You never know when it might be useful for you. There's a current TV commercial (I don't remember for what) in which a woman plugs a leak in a boat with a tampon while the man is still looking for something with which to stop the leak.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 09:24 am
Dude, if you mention to her she left a tampon in your place, she'll figure out it was YOU who slipped her the date rape drug at the bar....use your head.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 09:25 am
Slappy- We can always count on you to "cut to the chase"! Laughing
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 09:48 am
I imagine a woman in a boardroom pulling a tampon out of her purse by mistake. It would be as embarassing as a guy (same scenario) pulling a condom out of his pocket by mistake. Both initially embarrassing moments, quickly gotten over.

Most women are not embarrassed by tampons or sanitary products. We just don't fancy walking around with one stuck to our shoe, displaying it for all to see, just like I don't like to run out of the bathroom showing all and sundry my toilet paper with the product of my bowel movements. It's a question of taste. I am not embarrassed to go into a store to buy a box of tampons, or condoms, or any product for the nether regions in front of my father, boyfriend, boss or stranger, when I need the item, but I am not in the habit of calling attention to these facts or putting them on show.

I've had my mom find my vibrator once and after two seconds of red-faces I showed her how it worked. I've had a friend pull a box of tampons out of her bag and offer them around in mixed company, thinking they were her pack of cigarettes. Hey you can chuckle about such initially embarrassing moments but they are no big deal.

Your woman friend is not concerned about dropping a tampon and will probably never miss it. There's no need to hang onto it, unless she leaves a box of tampons next time ... that means she's moving in!!! Shocked
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 10:28 am
You gave your mom a vibrator demonstration?

You aren't from West Virginia, are you?
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 10:37 am
funnee!
She found it and wanted to know what it was. She had switched it on so I explained that, no it wasn't a chin massager. We did not go into too much detail (we're not THAT close!) but she was pretty interested in where I got it. I chuckle because at Christmas dinner we were discussing presents we had received and I had asked my sister for a battery-operated nail-dryer. Well she got it for me and my mother joked at the dinner table that I had really wanted some other battery-operated device but was too shy to ask! I nearly choked on my dinner as did everyone. Hmm, she's getting a little too wicked in her autumn years!
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 10:53 am
AUTOMATIC TAMPON REMOVAL BUTTON
AUTOMATIC TAMPON REMOVAL BUTTON

A man traveling by plane was in urgent need of a restroom facility. But each time he tried, it was occupied.

The flight attendant, aware of the predicament, suggested he use the ladies room, but cautioned him not to press any of the buttons. There next to the paper roll were four buttons marked: WW WA PP ATR.

Making the mistake so many men make of not listening to a woman, he disregarded what she said when his curiosity got the best of him. He carefully pressed the the WW button and immediately a gentle flush of WARM WATER sprayed on his bare bottom. He thought "WOW" these gals really have it nice!!

So a little more boldly, he pressed the WA button, and body temperature WARM AIR blew across his wet bottom and dried it comfortably. "AHA" he thought, "no wonder these women take so long in the bathroom with these kinds of services!"

So he pushed the next button PP with anticipation. A soft disposable POWDER PUFF swung below him and dusted his bottom lightly with talc. "Man, this is great", he thought as he reached out for the ATR button.

When he awoke in the hospital, the morphine was just wearing off. Confused he buzzed the nurse to find out what happened. He explained the last thing he remembered was the intense pain in the ladies room on the plane.

The nurse explained, "Yes, you must have been having a great time until you pushed the AUTOMATIC TAMPON REMOVAL BUTTON." "Your Penis is under the pillow."
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 11:07 am
LOL I heard that one a long time ago.

I'm glad I started this goofy thread. I will be disposing of the item in question, but I just knew I'd get some interesting responses on this one!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 11:14 am
Keep it! What if dlowan or I drop by, expecting it to be there? We'd have to leave earlier than planned, and that would just be lousy.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 11:39 am
In my first year of Uni, I ended up being in this shared flat with- amongst other people- a guy who collected his dates' tampons and stuck them on his noticeboard to make some kind of Tampax mosaic.

I find this sick and disturbing.

0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 12:04 pm
DROM!!! HOW YOU BEEN, OL BUDDY!?!?!?!?!?!!!
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 12:27 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:

Hey Slappy, my friend, I've been fine, if a little overworked! Very Happy

And you? (Did you ever get around to bidding for that girl on E-bay? Laughing )
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 12:33 pm
So it's tampon jokes huh? Okay here goes...

Q:Why do they put strings on tampons?

this is gross................................................................................
.................................................................................................
.................................................................................................
proceed at your own risk............................................................................................
..................................................................................................
..................................................................................................
Punchline in exceedingly poor taste...........................................................................................
Okay I warned you.............................................................................................
...................................................................................................
...................................................................................................
....................................................................................................

So you can floss after you eat.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 12:36 pm
That surely deserves a comedic drumroll with a few anxious laughs from a few gangly guys in the back who are 'enjoying' themselves a little too much.

0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 12:37 pm
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:

Hey Slappy, my friend, I've been fine, if a little overworked! Very Happy

And you? (Did you ever get around to bidding for that girl on E-bay? Laughing )

That was supposed to be a joke that I was your flatmate....but I've been pretty darn swell. I lost the bid on the Ebay girl. Just wasn't meant to be, I guess.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 12:41 pm
Yes, I know, hence the amazed 'wow! You never know who you'll meet again' tone. Imagine if you actually were! Well... Tamponology is a.. refined taste, I suppose!

Ah: fate and credit fraud squads always get in the way of happiness. Another will come, I suppose.

0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 06:31 pm
I hate to mention it, but there was actually an art piece (I think it was at the art institute of chicago) where a woman saved a years worth of her used tampons and put them on a giant canvas in plastic baggies - marked by the date.

Ah, culture.

No, of course there is nothing wrong with tampons. Save it, just don't say "I got this from a chick." Because nothing sucks more than needing one and not having it.

I think the stigma (as far as I recall) comes from high school when the males of the species become perplexed and giggly about gender differences (especially somewhat unattractive ones like menstration.) But of course there is nothing wrong with it. It is.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 06:40 pm
eeeewwww!
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 10:30 am
@kickycan,
If the woman you were dating at the time was prior or soon became famous after then you could have sold the ... item on eBay. Just a 9 year belated suggestion.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 10:41 am
A2K when it was a fully certificated loony bin.

Some names gone forever....

........"sun dress and no knickers" indeed.....
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » tampon etiquette
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/21/2024 at 08:06:40