tampon etiquette

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 05:46 pm
Okay, a woman leaves a man's apartment after a date. Later, the man finds a tampon that must have fallen out of the woman's purse. Should he mention it to her, or wait and see if she asks about it? Or, should he keep it on hand and have it to offer if any future lady guest need one?

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 05:47 pm
Is this tampon new or used?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 05:49 pm
unused. In package.
0 Replies

littlek

BPB - gross!

I'd prolly toss it.
0 Replies

Montana

LOL. I wouldn't mention it ;-)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 05:54 pm
I once played darts competitively. One opponent was this overweight woman. After she went up to collect her darts, I noticed she'd dropped what appeared to be a bar napkin right at the shooters line. When I reached down to pick it up I realized it wasn't any bar napkin.

That did me in. She kicked my ass.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 05:56 pm
cj - I used to play on a team called the Radiator Hose - an all-girl team. Our team tees were ity-bity, cropped, very tight. And we all had engine part nic-names. It was a cool concept and sometimes we flustered the guys.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 05:59 pm
We were the Grateful Darts.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 06:02 pm
I would say it belonged to Paris Hilton, and auction it off on Ebay.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 06:03 pm
Laughing

By the way, you must never, ever, never mention to a woman that there has been another of her sex on the premises. I at one time thought like you, that indication of previous co-habitation might lead to confident thoughts on the part of those following, so I kept a number of things that had been left behind, a shower cap, a half-bottle of Mydol, a toothbrush or two and, during one particularly good summer, a two shortie bathrobes, one blue and one kind of an sea-green. (There was a hot tub nearby.)
The reaction of the women discovering these little items was uniform. It was as if they had smelled something very dead in the room. There were arched eyebrows and pouts. Obviously there had been some violation of territory, but at first I was too dense or too full of ganga to notice. What finally brought to it to my attention was a half-screaming fit over a couple of little rings that had been left in a saucer in the kitchen. The question I could not answer was whose they were?? I tried to explain that I hadn't asked the lady's name. I also could not answer the second question which was what the hell was the name of the half-screamer???
So I scoured the apartment of any and all remnants of any previous visitors and from then always acted as if this was the first time I had ever permitted anyone to ever come home with me.

That made for some very nice moments.......

Joe
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 06:05 pm
Just toss it...unless you want to keep it...as a sentimental token.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 06:10 pm
lil k it was a legitimate question....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 06:11 pm
hmmm, don't mention it. put it in the medicine cabinet. someday, someone, maybe, will thank you (well, probably not by telling you).
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 07:19 pm
I don't see why it's so damn embarrassing for women. Is it just because it leads to thoughts of something not quite pretty? Or is it just a personal issue?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 07:21 pm
Oh, don't make a big deal of it. Toss it in the trash. I'd bet my last buck that she will never ask you if she lost it at your place! Laughing
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 08:02 pm
Yes, just throw it away and forget you ever saw it.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 05:32 am
Thumbtack it to the headboard as a trophy.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 05:39 am
I have no embarrassment re the li'l smeggers. I think guys are the embarrassed ones, generally.

How many women are even gonna notice if a tampon goes missing from a handbag? I'd assume I dropped it in the car, or somesuch.

Keep it if it's wrapped. Someone may need it someday - or it may come in handy for something.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 07:40 am
Mrs. SealPoet and I (before she was Mrs. SealPoet) went grocery shopping with her then 20 year old son. We got kind of goofy, throwing things over the aisles and such. Toward the end of the store she picked up a package of pads, and tossed them to me, and I handed them off to son, who fumbled. Rather embarassed.

So... he got over it. In the parking lot, putting stuff into the car, he grabs the package of pads, pumps a few times, and says 'Go Deep!'

To which I replied...'No, go long! If you want to go deep you use Tampons!'

He fumbled again.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 09:08 am
If it's a tampon, you could always glue on some felt ears, little eyes, a nose and some whiskers and make a wee mousie for the Christmas tree.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » tampon etiquette
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/20/2024 at 07:00:40