Why do woman always get shafted?

kerver

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 03:09 pm
It's really getting to me lately. From everything like getting jobs, playing sports to how our body works and sex. I know us women are slowely making our way up there, but dammit can't we speed up the process some.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,245 • Replies: 36
No top replies

willow tl

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 03:13 pm
do you find kerver that we are undermined by other women as well? I have never had a female boss that i admired or respected....if i was articulate enough...i could explain what i mean by that statement..hopefully someone else will come along and be able to make sense of my drivel...:-)
0 Replies

kerver

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 03:16 pm
Yes it is true, other woman can be just as bad. Woman always judge other woman is some way, shape, or form, but usually for very pathetic reasons.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 03:24 pm
According to my wife, never EVER take an interview with a female executive if you are also a woman. They are petty, and they'll stab you in the back to keep their position safe.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 03:32 pm
kerver
It's a perspective - if you want more it's there - you have to find it and be determined.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 03:53 pm
I'm wondering if I'll live long enough to see a woman president.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 04:46 pm
depends on where you live...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 04:53 pm
Lol! This crap about women bosses really craps me off.

More than half my bosses have been women. One of them was a sh*t.

Only the sh*t was competitive- and she was thus with everyone. One of the men was a sh*t.

Most of the rest of them, men and women, are still friends.

My anecdotes can match any anecdotes you have.

Crap bosses and fabulous ones come in all genders.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 05:13 pm
I don't think women get the shaft. In many area women dominate or will in the next few years. I've had good and bad bosses, but generally, it wasn't a competive thrust that made these relationship fail to work, it was personality differences.
In sports, well... we are playing catch up, but nothing happens over night, although, I will never play an all womens sport again, I prefer the mixed company, it civilizes things.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 05:16 pm
How about sex?
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 05:24 pm
Well, I must admit a bais, as I prefer men in the sack. I don't think women get shafted in sex unless their partner is domineering, but this being a free world, you can always choose another.
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 06:06 pm
Quote:
I don't think women get shafted in sex

Every time I've had sex with a woman it has certainly involved her getting "shafted". :wink:
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 09:58 pm
So, it's nearing the end of creation, and God is frankly tired of the whole thing. At this point she is done making decisions.

So she calls Adam and Eve before her.

"Kids," she says, "I've got two things left to give to you both. I really don't care who gets them, but to be fair I'm going to make sure one goes to each of you. I'll let you two decide who gets what."

Adam and Eve nod their assent.

"All right," sighs God. "Who wants to pee standing up?"

Adam jumps forward without hesitation. "I do! I do!"

"Fine," God says. "That just leaves multiple orgasms..."
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 09:58 pm
I knew that was going to happen....
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 10:11 pm
Kerver, as I've watched my sons grow up, I've noticed how the women's movement has changed all our lives--mostly for the better. I has sometimes been difficult for young men to know how to behave in certain situations, for example: my older son came home from school one day and said that a girl snarled at him for holding the door for her. I told him there was never anything wrong with good manners and that, as long as it wasn't done in a patronizing way, he should continue to behave in ways that are merely helpful, not acts of power or control. I felt the girl was really over-reacting.

Every movement has its swing from inception to all-out radicalism. Hopefully, we are reaching a place of acceptance. I agree with Deb that both women and men are equally capable of being great bosses or mean and petty tyrants.

Sex seems to me to require the self-knowledge to pick the right partner and if you've made a mistake, to get out of it right away!!

Patiodog--sure proof that women are the smart ones, although that penis is sure handy at a picnic. LOL (oops, that could be taken the wrong way).
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 10:57 pm
Pdog, I heard that joke -- but with brains, not orgasms...
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 02:22 am
husker wrote:
kerver
It's a perspective - if you want more it's there - you have to find it and be determined.

Oh really? This coming from a guy? Sorry husker, but generally speaking, it's far easier for men than women to make gains in the working world.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 02:28 am
kerver wrote:
Yes it is true, other woman can be just as bad. Woman always judge other woman is some way, shape, or form, but usually for very pathetic reasons.

I agree. I've worked in a job that was mostly men and in a job that was mostly women. The worst part about working with the mostly men is that there were times their conversations were that of pigs. The worst part about working with mostly women is how they would backstab and gossip about the other women. I hate to betray my own gender, but I'd rather work with the men. At least when they converse like pigs I can call them disgusting pigs and then we all have a good laugh.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 06:50 am
I agree, caprice. Men are much more straightforward. I like that. Much easier to work with.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 09:21 am
Eva wrote:
I agree, caprice. Men are much more straightforward. I like that. Much easier to work with.

right - "straight" and "forward" - erector set Laughing get the girders and beams set in the right spots
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Why do woman always get shafted?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 09:38:07