Have you ever bought a fundraising brick?

mismi

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2012 12:24 pm
@boomerang,
Quote:
They have letter blocks to fill out. You have to include spaces and punctuation but everything fits so I'm thinking it would be okay. Longer phrases cost a bit more but not much more

Then I like the idea of doing something other than just a name. Smile
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2012 12:35 pm
@chai2,
Some people would steal a hot stove just to see what they could get away with.
chai2

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2012 01:55 pm
@roger,
Someone stole my swim fins a couple of days ago.
Eva

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2012 02:18 pm
@chai2,
The noive!!!
Miller

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2012 02:21 pm
I have the opportunity to buy a brick at the St. Judes hospital for children for $1000. I would have, if the DOW hadn't taken such a dramatic plunge recently.

If the DOW goes back up, I'll contribute the $1000, gladly.
chai2

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2012 02:27 pm
@Eva,
Eva wrote:

The noive!!!

I know. I bought some new ones today, and I can recognize the old one's. It got a white patch on one of them from me rubbing on the side of the pool.

Rubbing the fin on the side I mean.

If I see someone wearing yellow fins, I'll ask to see them, and if they have that white patch, I'll just say "I hope you enjoy them."
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2012 02:47 pm
@Miller,
Hi, Miller, good to see you around.
Miller

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2012 03:03 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Hi, Miller, good to see you around.

Good to see you too!
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2012 03:06 pm
I've seen bricks and park benches with words other than names. I don't think most charities mind the diversion as long as it's not obscene or too controversial.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2012 03:26 pm
@Sturgis,
Re the patio where "our" bricks were placed (many, many bricks) he or she would have had to make an entry into a secured place and then attack your one brick, assuming he or she found it - they tend to look alike - with a chisel & hammer (or other), scoop it up into a parka pocket (or similar, maybe a gabardine trench coat - I have one), and then make a getaway while alarms were singing, all off of a street not sans traffic, midtown. Worth the $50.00, or maybe $25. (I'm veering to thinking I'm the one who bought the damned brick)

Well, here -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Morris_Graves_Museum_-_Carnegie_Library_Building.jpg
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2012 06:12 pm
Haha! The 4:00 dog brick is in place and creating quite a sensation.

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2012 06:35 pm
@boomerang,
It's a shame the dogs can't read to appreciate their brick of honor. Razz
0 Replies