Well, we missed Gracie's birthday by a day.

GracieGirl

Reply Tue 29 May, 2012 09:14 pm
@George,
Hahahahahahahahaha!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

But I've got a nice stick figure. Mr. Green Laughing
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 29 May, 2012 09:15 pm
@George,
I don't think it's a diet, George. Gracie's diabetic, so she has to watch what she eats. She can't overdo the cake & ice cream. Right, GG?

San Francisco? For your birthday?? Wow, now that's celebrating!!!
GracieGirl

Reply Tue 29 May, 2012 11:22 pm
@Eva,
Hey Eva! Smile

Yup! Exactly. But now Im using the insulin pump instead of injections so my diet isnt as strict as before but yeah, still cant overdo it with the sweets and junk food. Sucky.
I think George was joking about the dancing stick figure I posted though.

YES!! It was SOO awesome! Mr. Green
First my family sung happy birthday to me and my sister then we cut the cake and ate lunch and then me and my sister got ready for when our friends came over. This is the first year when we werent stuck with our dad for our birthday AND we didnt have to celebrate together. We did our own thing. Lissa invited like 5 friends over and they were having a party/sleepover with Katie and I invited 2 of my friends, my bestfriend Natalie and my friend Abby and my aunt Laura (who's the most awesomest person you'll ever met in your life!!) came over from Long Beach the day before our birthday so she could take me and my friends to San Francisco.

It took us like 2 hrs and 45 mins to get there and even the car ride was fun! We had the music up loud and my aunt Laura didnt care and we were singing and joking around and talking. Smile When we made it to San Francisco we checked in to this awesome hotel! We went shopping and bought tons of stuff and my aunt said next year she'd take me to get my upper earlobe pierced. We got our nails done, like fake nails! I got fake nails once last year but my dad made me soak my hands in acetone and take them off. This time I get to keep them and they feel soo weird and its kinda hard to text and stuff, but they're soo cute! Its a normal french manicure like my aunt has. Smile After that we went to see Dark Shadows with Johnny Deep then we went back to the hotel and watched scary movies all night and talked and everything.

Then Monday we swam in the hotel pool, went out to eat in a restaurant and then we left San Francisco. We made it home at like 7pm, dropped my friends off and me and my sister and my aunt talked all night and played board games then she left this morning. It was soo fun! My aunt Laura's really cool and she's only 13 years older than me. She's not old like my dad and Katie and shes soo fun so its like she's not even a grown up. It was just like hanging out in the city with no parents. I had the best time ever! Very Happy

I got presents too. Not many though. A new digital camera from daddy, Katie got me this awesome Mac makeup kit. My grandma sent me 50 dollars and my grandpa gave me 20 (CANADIAN MONEY!! ITS SOOO PRETTY!!) and my aunt Jess got me Sims 3 generations and a $25 iTunes card. Smile
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 02:44 am
@GracieGirl,
I wanna be young again Smile

I just read ALL of that Smile

Your Aunt sounds neat. My "step-daughter" is 14 and she loves her Aunt as well, talks about her all the time and forgoes even coming here and changes the date "sometimes" if her Aunty is in town.

Sounds like the best birthday anyone girl could ever dream of I am so happy for you Gracie... Smile

About the cake though? See we have something sort of in common, my little Kia, 9 year old gorgeous Husky Dog is Diabetic, 6am, 6pm and so the routine goes glad you don't need needles anymore... THAT is awesome...

Now you can't tell me off on facebook that I don't write enough Smile

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 09:09 am
@GracieGirl,
aawww sweetheart, I am so glad that you had such a great time with your aunt Laura and your friends. San Francisco is always a fun place to be - even better when the company is right!

That certainly was an awesome birthday!! Smile

Perhaps you can visit your aunt Laura over the summer and get down to Long Beach, it's a fun place too!! I am not that far away, so you and your aunt could come down to San Diego for a visit.

When is school out? We have about 2 weeks left for Jane and then 2.5 months
of vacation .......*sigh*
wandeljw

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 09:25 am
@CalamityJane,
That would be cute to see you, Gracie, and your daughter together. Please post a photo if that happens, CJane. You have been Gracie's pretend mom for a long time.

(belated best wishes to Gracie for her birthday)
CalamityJane

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 09:29 am
@wandeljw,
Yes, even to the point of reprimanding her - like all mothers do! Laughing

It would be nice to meet her and her aunt Laura, especially for Gracie to meet Jane.
GracieGirl

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 12:43 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
FOUND SOUL wrote:

I wanna be young again Smile

I just read ALL of that Smile

Haha! The only thing fun about not being a grown up is you get tons of presents for Christmas and your birthday and you actually get to celebrate. Grown ups have boring birthdays. Laughing

Quote:
Your Aunt sounds neat. My "step-daughter" is 14 and she loves her Aunt as well, talks about her all the time and forgoes even coming here and changes the date "sometimes" if her Aunty is in town.

Sounds like the best birthday anyone girl could ever dream of I am so happy for you Gracie... Smile

Yeah, my aunts really awesome and shes soo pretty! I wanna be just like her when I get older. She's like my big sister! Smile Haha! Your step daughters aunt sounds awesome too! I do the same thing! When ever my aunt comes to town I cancel all plans. She's like the only person I wanna hang out with. Laughing

Quote:
About the cake though? See we have something sort of in common, my little Kia, 9 year old gorgeous Husky Dog is Diabetic, 6am, 6pm and so the routine goes glad you don't need needles anymore... THAT is awesome...

Now you can't tell me off on facebook that I don't write enough Smile

Aww, poor Kia. That sucks. And yeah, the pumps annoying too sometimes but its better than the injections. Its just that its soo obvious and people are like 'What's that?' or 'Whys there a tube in your stomach?' I get embarrased. I dont like it when people ask me questions about it.

Hahaha! That was just because you hardly ever talked to me on facebook Kel! Laughing We only PM'ed here and I wasnt on a2k much. I misssed you! Laughing

GracieGirl

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 01:05 pm
@CalamityJane,
Thanks Momma CJ!! Mr. Green
It was great! Now I cant wait until my next birthday!! Smile

That would be soo cool! I hardly ever get to visit my aunt Laura. She always comes here because she lives in a small apartment with her boyfriend. There's not much room for me, my sister and my brother to stay with her. But we went to Long Beach with my dad 2 summers ago . Im gonna ask if we can do it again! Mr. Green We'd probably go sometime in July cause Im going to Ontario to visit my grandparents for a month on June 9th. Im soo scared. I HATE flying.

My last day of school was May 24th. Very Happy
GracieGirl

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 01:06 pm
@wandeljw,
Thanks wandel! Mr. Green
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 01:10 pm
@CalamityJane,
Haha! Yeah! That'd be soo awesome! My dads boring but you'd like my aunt Laura, she's really pretty and funny. And you could meet my sister and my brother! Matt has his own band and people say me and Lissa look alot alike. Not as much as when we were little but I still wanna see if you could tell us apart. Mr. Green
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Thu 31 May, 2012 10:50 am
@GracieGirl,
Glad you had such a super birthday celebration, GracieGirl. It sounds like a great deal of fun was had by all. Smile
GracieGirl

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 11:31 am
@firefly,
Thanks firefly! Smile
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 11:50 am
@GracieGirl,
Quote:

Haha! The only thing fun about not being a grown up is you get tons of presents for Christmas and your birthday and you actually get to celebrate. Grown ups have boring birthdays. Laughing

I used to feel this way too, when I was younger. But, that certainly changed; I enjoy my birthdays now as much as I did back then.

Cycloptichorn
GracieGirl

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 12:08 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Really?? Aren't all grown ups annoyed about getting old and stuff? My dad and aunts and stuff sure complain about it alot.
What kinda stuff do you do for your birthday?

When I grow up I'm gonna visit a new country every year for my birthday! Or do something crazy like sky diving or bungee jumping. Im scared of heights so that's kinda like a 'facing your fears kinda thing'. Smile
Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 12:10 pm
@GracieGirl,
What kind of stuff? Actually spend some money on buying something nice for yourself without worrying about it as much as usual. Take a trip, do whatever you want...

Though there is a lot of complaining about getting older - even at 32 I feel it - your focus changes, from being primarily concerned with excitement and new experience, to reflection and contemplation. I know it sounds boring, lol, but it isn't - it's nice.

Cycloptichorn
Roberta

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 12:19 pm
@GracieGirl,
GracieGirl wrote:

Really?? Aren't all grown ups annoyed about getting old and stuff?

Not all, Gracie, but many are. I don't care about looking older. I figure I'm as old as I am. I wouldn't mind feeling the way I did when I was younger (physically), but I accept my age. And I like being a little wiser. Years bring widsom--if you're paying attention.

Enjoy being young. I like your idea of visiting a different country every year. I used to travel a lot. Loved it.

GracieGirl

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 01:47 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Reflection and contemplation? Not to be rude but that does sound boring. Who'd skip a party for reflection and contemplation? Laughing You can reflect and contemplate anytime. Birthdays are for fun! Its one day out of the whole year that's all about you. Don't you wanna do something awesome? I mean, all parents do is work and nag. You'd think they'd get as excited about their birthdays as we do.
Eva

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 01:58 pm
@GracieGirl,
I agree with you, GG. My birthday is a day when I get to do whatever I want, and everybody else has to go along with it. It's my special day.

Maybe parents would get as excited about their birthdays as kids do...if their kids made it as much fun for them as they do for their kids. Ever think of that? Wink
GracieGirl

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 02:07 pm
@Roberta,
Yeah totally! And just because your old doesn't mean you have to be boring. Older people should have fun too. Maybe not go to parties and stuff but they can still be cool.
And you can be young and wise too.

Have you ever been to Brazil or India or Spain? Those are gonna be the first countries I visit. Mr. Green

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 08:56:48