Ahhhhhhhhhh, peace, sanity & contentment!

kickycan

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 01:45 am
Hee hee! Well, on that note, I will have to say goodnight to you all. Caprice, I'll be sure to give you all the details of my date tomorrow night. Smile
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 01:49 am
Gee kickycan....can't wait....

Confused

[size=7]Of course that is a BIG lie I just told. *clamps hand over her mouth*[/size]

Uhm....nighty night! Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 03:59 am
Funny how that feeling just comes over you when you're not trying, isn't it? Just can't talk yourself into that state.
We seem to have a lot of contented gardeners here. Very Happy And fire watchers, drawers & painters, people watchers, nature lovers ....

Writing used to do that for me, too ..... You know long, off the cuff pieces that really involve you. Once I spent ages on the computer typing everything I could recall about my mother, which led to my sister, my aunt, primary school, on & on ..... Very engrossing.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 10:36 am
Gardening can sometimes put me 'in the zone'. There are other times when, like wilso, it is just plain hard work to me, and I mutter and fuss and do not disappear into it.

The world often vanishes when I'm reading. Best of all when I'm reading in the company of two small snoring dogs. Something about that sound just makes the whole world seem perfect and outside of me.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 12:45 pm
Two things are guaranteed to bliss me out...

1. A good massage (at least 1 hr.)
2. Swinging in a hammock on a lazy, sunny day
(preferably in the tropics)
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 02:18 pm
Although I appreciate and cherish silence when I sleep, when awake I can rarely relax; I think that doing nothing in the daytime is rather boring, even when I'm sick. I love long, unending and interesting conversations until around 4 am in the morning, and I love to go to the old park, perhaps face ruining my attire by climbing a tree, and sit there for hours, reading.

0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 02:27 pm
Oh yeah, eva...massages are the best!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 05:00 pm
ehBeth wrote:
The world often vanishes when I'm reading. Best of all when I'm reading in the company of two small snoring dogs. Something about that sound just makes the whole world seem perfect and outside of me.

Perfect, ehBeth! Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 05:04 pm
drom! Nice to see you again. You've been a bit scarce of late. Your park sounds just the place! How high are these trees you climb? Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 05:06 pm
Individual wrote:
Oh yeah, eva...massages are the best!

You know, I've never had a massage. This might be a good time to try it.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 05:38 pm
This morning I went walking when it was still dark ... a bit earlier than usual. The was something quite soothing about the feel of (usually extremely busy) Sydney Road at that hour. There's nothing like watching the day slowly cranking into life. The early morning people, the smell of bread baking in the bakeries, the green grocers stacking their shelves .... And people smile at each other when they pass each other at that hour. Very nice! Very Happy
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 08:42:45