General Q&A Websites

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 06:31 pm
Does any of you guys know a website/forum that has a loong list of categories in which I can ask questions and recieve answers about?? A website that gives me the chance to ask experts questions about almost anything...from relationships and social issues, to technology, sports and home improvement.
Example : The previous askme.com website (which stopped the service a long time ago)

Please help

Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 934 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Montana

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 06:53 pm
Looks like you're in the right place. Welcome to A2K :-D Go to forums up top and it will bring you to all the different subjucts.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 07:51 pm
I love how you're asking us a question about where to ask questions.
Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 08:57 pm
LOL! I got a chuckle out of that myself.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2004 09:09 pm
I was wondering if there was a site where I could just type about my life problems and there would be nothing that anyone could do about it.

Wait a second...
0 Replies

vonderjohn

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 05:41 am
lol okay I know this sounds funny....Smile
Im looking for websites similar to a2k .. here it's more like a discussion forum about issues..im looking for *direct* questions and answers..with experts being around. Just like a2k but rather smaller in some way lol
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 02:24 pm
Personally, I would stick with A2K. There are definitely experts around as long as other people who give you less conventional answers.

Other than that...there is something like md.com or doctor.com but they take days or even weeks to answer. And even then, it's only medical advice.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 03:29 pm
Just before "Askme.com" went out of the answering business, they recommended these sites:
www.answerway.com and www.pointask.com

I can't vouch for their usefulness.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 05:06 pm
vonderjohn,

You have asked this question here on this site around 5 times. Starting a few months ago.

This time you posted it several times again. It's being moved because this is not a forum help request for this forum. The forum help board is for help requests about this site.

As to your question, there are't that many free sites out there for this that are fully functional.

You can find a listing of all these sites here: http://dmoz.org/Reference/Ask_an_Expert/

Other than that please consider this question answered. You do not need to come by every few months and post this question multiple times. You have the Dmoz category for this kind of site now. Asking multiple times won't really help because there is really a dearth of free sites of this variety that cover wide ranges of topics.

It's a hard business model to be profitable on. So you'll find more that charge money or they will be restricted to specific topic (e.g. technical, web design...).
0 Replies