SiriusB

Reply Thu 17 May, 2012 03:11 pm
The description of god is something beyond life, controlling life, creating life, and/or being life. How can a god, or no god, exist when humans can only percieve life from their lens?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 2,070 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 17 May, 2012 03:13 pm
What about human beans who ain't wearin' glasses?
0 Replies

Strauss

Reply Thu 17 May, 2012 03:22 pm
Setanta wrote:
What about human beans who ain't wearin' glasses?

Are those who do, "black eyed peas"?
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Thu 17 May, 2012 03:38 pm
@SiriusB,
If you're trying to say we know **** one way or the other and the **** we think we know is probably bullshit, well then I agree good sir.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Thu 17 May, 2012 09:24 pm
@SiriusB,
I prefer my gods barbecued with a side order of macaroni salad.
0 Replies

brbj

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 08:28 am
@SiriusB,
Well what your saying in that case actually makes sense because were only human of course we can't see through the eyes of god be cause were not gods, but we can perceive what we believe he would be like its called a imagination or as you said a perception.
0 Replies

ronald001

Reply Mon 21 May, 2012 12:17 am
@SiriusB,
God is always near and protect us.................GOD is supreme power......................
Krumple

Reply Mon 21 May, 2012 01:05 am
@ronald001,
ronald001 wrote:

God is always near and protect us.................GOD is supreme power......................

nonsense.
0 Replies

Chara

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2012 04:30 am
I think a more accurate description of God would be: it is everywhere, has always been there, will always be there, is already complete, allows everything to exist, has no edges or boundaries because there is no-where it is not and therefore you cannot add to it or take from it. There is no movement because it is already complete. Therefore, it is effectively a state of perfection.

It is incorrect and mis-leading for religions to suggest that god wants things as though god has a mind. Our minds are not one thing everywhere.

Most religions make out as though they know god or are speaking on behalf of god, as though they can have a conversation with God and therefore "know what god wants". God does not have a mind, does not have preferences, does not think at all, and so does not think favourably about some actions or some people over others. So there is no sin, no right or wrong, no heaven or hell.

We did not create ourselves. We are merely shapes within creation, attracting and repelling based on the way we cut life through our unique patterns.

People talk about knowing themselves and we can build a view of 'our-selves' based upon the feedback that we get from the world ie. mainly from our environments and other people. Even though we can have a strong sense of self, there is actually nothing really there. If there was, shouldn't we be able to point to it and say, that's me.

If we did not create ourselves how can we know who or what we are, we are stuck in the experience of it. Most people live their lives and take guesses from within these limitations to give themselves answers. That's why people think that God must have a mind, because we do. But what allows our minds to exist?

You cannot really know anything if you are separate from it. So to have any real answers you need to become it. And you can really only have access to all the answers if you become one thing everywhere, because then everything is contained within you.

I am not enlightened but I have realised just how small the mind is and I have been given access to a space which is much, much bigger and stiller. I know people who are enlightened, having known them before and after which is a treat to see.
Joe Nation

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2012 05:03 am
@Chara,
Chara, I don't agree with hardly anything you've said, but I like the way you said it.

Joe(now I'm going to read it again)Nation
0 Replies