job as s/w engineer after btech(ECE)

minna

Reply Thu 3 May, 2012 10:55 am
Sir I am a B.Tech.(ECE) 1st year student and I am very much interested in programming but I have no idea Whether programming will be there throughout the 8 semesters or not. Please tell me can I become a Software engineer after B.Tech.(ECE)?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,642 • Replies: 7
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 3 May, 2012 12:19 pm
@minna,
Why not? Jobs depend on what companies want, rather than what schools teach, unless it's a clear-cut case of licensing, like medicine or even cosmetology. A person with a BA in Physics cannot become a doctor without medical school. A person with a JD cannot become a hairdresser (and expect to have a shop and be paid, etc. and follow local regulations) without classes.

If you have placement questions, why not ask your school?
minna

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 12:20 am
@jespah,
Thanq Joseph..
0 Replies

williamregal

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 12:31 am
@minna,
Since you are in the very first stage of your engineering and belong to the stream of electronics. Regarding this you will be given a basic knowledge of programming in C++, Linux and most probably vb.net. However it depends on the course material of your college. Besides all these if you are interested in programming, then you can access the tutorial classes from where you will gain the knowledge regarding programming with a short span of time.
minna

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 12:54 am
@williamregal,
Thanq. Can you please tell me what will be our syllabus in coming years and will it include programming as one of its subjects?
Regarding computer course I want to ask when can I do it? I mean at the end of semesters?
jespah

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 04:03 am
@minna,
Ask your school.
0 Replies

williamregal

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 01:58 am
@minna,
Sorry I could not saw your reply yesterday. Well, regarding your stream, as far as I am concerned, I think, you will be following some practical courses of computers like programming in C++, .net etc and in your main course during your 5th semester, you will be learning Data Structures which is again a subject related to the basic strategies for programming and join for the tutorial classes for C, C++, JAVA and you will be an expert in these languages within a year and a half.
minna

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 03:11 am
@williamregal,
Thanq so much sir.
0 Replies