Want to search the truth, read this.

Tue 1 May, 2012 07:48 am
i know everyone seeks happiness or rather peace in this world. But whatever sources he confronted with generally give him temporary happiness. Its not permanent. We talk a lot about religion and castes but wait a minute and just think irrespective of different colors, castes and religion, are we all the same. Yes, the answer is we all are same in thinking, in basic instincts and if go deep inside of us, we all are same at the soul level. We all have the same soul whose basic nature is just peace which can be attained when we identify ourselve as soul and understand the basic nature of soul. Because of our semses which are different than soul and are at materialistic level, we got under the influence of senses and never come to know the basic nature of soul or of us which we are. people think this all is philosiphical but its a practical. If u want to understand this concept, just sit for 10-15 minutes with eyes closed and concentrating without allowing any thought to come in ur mind. the day u will be able to be in position to meditate without any thought , the pure nature of soul emerges , the peace prevails inside us and it shines on our external body aswell.We then love notourselves but whole community aswell. Everymen or women has the same form of soul. One cant say its soul of that religion.
..............to be continued
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,719 • Replies: 11
Topic Closed
No top replies

Setanta

Tue 1 May, 2012 08:14 am
So, English is not your mother tongue?
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Tue 1 May, 2012 09:44 am
@sandy111,
sandy111 wrote:
Want to search the truth, read this.

How in the world would reading this tripe lead me to "search the truth"?
vikorr

Wed 2 May, 2012 05:56 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Well, to label the whole lot as tripe, is tripe.

It's obviously heartfelt. And it's obviously part of a journey. In some ways, I'd say the OP is a lot further along the journey than any number of people I could think of.
Lustig Andrei

Wed 2 May, 2012 07:10 pm
@vikorr,
I was commenting mainly on the verb in her headline -- search the truth. Don't you think that another word, e.g. reach or find or discover would have served better? But perhaps Setanta is right -- English does not appear to be the poster's first language.
vikorr

Sat 5 May, 2012 04:12 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Fair enough, although I'll point out that 'search' is an action that precedes finding /discovering...and search is very similar to 'reaching' - which preceeds 'gaining'. I'm guessing they may just have left out the word 'Want to search for the truth, read this'
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Sat 5 May, 2012 04:30 pm
@sandy111,
Quote:
the pure nature of soul emerges , the peace prevails inside us and it shines on our external body aswell.We then love notourselves but whole community aswell

Is it not then, inner-peace that you find when you meditate.

Is it not going out into the world with a positive attitude that allows us to shine as well on the outside, as with positive attitude comes belief and peace in self.

And, if we feel such peace within ourselves, love ourselves, feel positive don't we then freely love others and pass that on....

Is a soul not deeper than inner-peace.
vikorr

Sat 5 May, 2012 04:41 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
I think Found Soul, that many philophers/mystics equate the 'nothingness' experienced during meditation as the pure essence of the soul. The brain 'thinks', while the soul 'is' (of course, anyone is free to correct me on that).

There was one book I recall reading where the author was trying to convince the reader that people are 'spirit' and that the rest is just illusory. It was quite a good argument he put up, and the view point held a few useful outcomes.

I don't know that I buy into the 'soul' thing. 'Spirit' yes, but for different reasons than any which I've come across in any reading material. I could see the 'soul' as a combination of spirit & the mind (though I don't hold to that conclusively). But to me, rather than assigning meaning to such a thing, I view it as a case of 'it just is'.
Lustig Andrei

Sat 5 May, 2012 05:07 pm
@vikorr,
'Soul' is just a word. Whether you call it 'soul' or 'spirit' or 'inner-self' or even just 'ego', we're essentially talking about the same thing -- something which is not part of one's physical makeup but, rather, is the core of one's being.
vikorr

Mon 7 May, 2012 03:52 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
We as humans attach meanings to words. So to each of us, unless we choose to attach the same meaning to all those words/phrases - they have different meanings.

Soul to me entails a rather different concept than spirit. To my way of thinking spirit + body (may) = soul. That's rather biblical in it's view, but I can't see a better one.

The reason I don't buy into the 'soul' thing, is it tends to be associated with I would call 'intelligent spirit' (ghosts, life in heaven after death), which I can't see as existing in that state (as in my version of spirit, there is no intelligence, it just is - a life force if you will)

Ego to me entails a rather different 'thing' again to either soul or spirit.

Where-as, Spirit & Life-Energy I see as much the same thing (but perhaps not exactly the same). Soul & Being I see as much the same thing.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Wed 13 Jun, 2012 01:46 pm
@sandy111,
I "personally" do not think that mediation, and soul searching is a wordless thing, and the way it is achieved...

When I have meditated, or prayed for many hours at a time...To a God...

It was the point at which, I reached with God, that all the things I thought about, and asked, and meditated about...Hit me, when he revealed in a split second, all the answers to my questions, by saying, this is how far you can go, do not go any farther, as you can not understand anymore in this life...And you do not need, or want to know anymore...And what took me 6 hrs to pry, and think about, was summed up, in a split second, by him...Instantaneously...I could use every word I possibly knew to sum up the experience...And got an answer to everything I thought about, and asked him about, and prayed for...

So I get your point...But I do not believe, it is a wordless experience...

Rather, everything I could think of, could explain what I just experienced, from God, in a split second...

These experiences, are not wordless for me...

No words were needed, to be heard, to feel what God was saying to me, and revealing my questions and thoughts in a split second...

But I could use every word, and everything I knew, and know, to explain it...

So, I do not really understand the wordless thing?

Are you a Buddhist?

And if you can not explain a wordless experience, how would anyone else know what it is? Or how to get there?

Say an older one, teaching a young one??

It seems to me, if someone else can not explain what it is, or actually feels like, I am not so sure, I would be able to understand, if it happened to me...

Or what and how to actually get there?

And meditation, Or soul searching...Does not answer it for me...

What do you meditate about?

Seems if you do what you do...

Quote:
If u want to understand this concept, just sit for 10-15 minutes with eyes closed and concentrating without allowing any thought to come in ur mind. the day u will be able to be in position to meditate without any thought , the pure nature of soul emerges , the peace prevails inside us and it shines on our external body aswell.We then love notourselves but whole community aswell.

I honestly can say, I do not understand how this can be achieved, if there is not a God, who is influencing the very basic concepts and principals that you come to understand, and experience...And how it is expressed wordlessly...??

And even if it happened...If it was not orchestrated by a higher being...

What is the ultimate objective of having a wordless experience??

I think you can love everyone, and not just yourself...And see your soul, by doing what I have done before...

What is the advantage of doing this soul searching, without seeking a God?

Who is giving you this wordless experience, if not a God? Is it orchestrated by your own being? Or soul?

If it is, it would still make more sense to me, that a God would reveal the answers...I can not simply comprehend, how a being, would reveal itself, by itself, to another form of being?? That is you??

Interesting read though!

Just my 2 Cents
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Sun 17 Jun, 2012 05:19 am
@sandy111,
Sandy, it seems to me you are experiencing something profound. But be careful not to get hung up in the words, because they will ultimately get in the way of experiencing a holistic perspective.
And don't be discouraged if you cannot communicate those experiences with words. Words, by their very nature, make it impossible. It cannot be explained, but still it is something most people experience in brief glimpses through their lives. Some put greater value in those moments than others.
0 Replies