Need help figuring out a lead guitar piece

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 03:01 am
I am in the process of writing a song, and I have most of the lyrics and the rhythem guitar, but i wanna try and make a lead guitar piece and well i'm just learning how to play lead and bla bla bla. So my question is What kind of scale would i use when my chords are A#-, F#+, C#+, G#+?
I think thats what i need to ask, if you have other suggestions on this please feel free. Thanks.

"stand up"
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 862 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 10:40 am
First off, what kind of song is this?

Slow Acoustic love song?
Fast aggressive speed metal?
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 01:54 pm
It's a kind of a slow song.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 02:27 pm
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------10-----------------7^8^7-8--10-10/12------------------------------7^9-9/11-9----7---------7^9-------------------------9--7------------------7^9--------------------9--7^9------------------------------------9-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I played the chords that you gave, and then I played this on top of em, and it sounded pretty good.

Beware though, I have my own distinct style which may differ from yours, so if this is not what you are looking for, disregard it.

Also, our guitars may be tuned differently so that could lead to different sounds....

Enjoy though.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 02:28 pm
Dammit! it f'd up!!!

Sorry if you can't read it.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 03:40 pm
Thanks Child,
I'll for surely check this out, I don't have time right now, but i'll get back to u and tell what I think. Thanks for taken the time.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 03:59 pm
No problem man.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 01:04 pm
Well I've been playin this peice. I'm not very good at it all and I know it's not sounding right because I don't play tabs very good, but practice makes perfect right. I was just wondering what program you used to record the chord playing to then play lead over top?
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 03:52 pm
I didn't record...I just played the chords several times and then kicked out that solo, and it sounded pretty good.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 04:00 pm
Ohh ok, well i'll just have to learn to play it faster. Just to make sure, what does the "/" mean?
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 04:02 pm
slide...I suck at tabbing things out. Even if you decide that this solo isn't right for the song, you can use it as a practice tool.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 04:08 pm
Ok great, i was using it as a slide. And yes your right if it doens't work out I will still be glad I had it.
How did you figure it out anyway, thats what I always have troublw doin.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 04:12 pm
After playing for a while you'll recognize certain patterns that develope in other solos, and different types of solos. Box pattern, running up and down the neck, hammer ons and pull offs. Just learn what you can and keep practicing.
0 Replies

fluffhead237

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 08:20 am
Have you ever been to wholenote.com, stand up?

It's a guitar site with instruction, resources, an excellent forum and thousands upon thousands of lessons. Pretty much anything you'd ever want in regards to guitar. Might be helpful. It's helped me in the past.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 01:13 pm
_-=-_ wrote:
Have you ever been to wholenote.com, stand up?

It's a guitar site with instruction, resources, an excellent forum and thousands upon thousands of lessons. Pretty much anything you'd ever want in regards to guitar. Might be helpful. It's helped me in the past.

No I haven't but i'll definitely go check it out, thanks for the info!
0 Replies

fluffhead237

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 01:52 pm
stand up for pessimism wrote:
No I haven't but i'll definitely go check it out, thanks for the info!

No problem. Hope it helps!!
0 Replies