Cover, Book, Judge

Roberta

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 02:09 pm
I confess to making snap judgments about people with tattoos on their faces. Guess I'm a narrow-minded bitch.

I can't stand people who don't pick up their feet when they walk. Scraping the heels of their shoes. Hey, pick up your steenkin' feet.

Can't stand the sound of flip-flops. Hey, get a rubber band or something to hold your shoes on your feet.

Please don't pop and snap your gum in my presence.

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 03:03 pm
I make snap judgements with names. We had a psycho "Shela" secretary
and I put every "Shela" I meet in the same category. Dto. with "Norma" and some other names I have bad associations with.
Ceili

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 03:04 pm
@Roberta,
I'm like you Roberta, it's sounds that bother me. Certain voices and for some reason the food network seems to employ the worst. Paula Deen, Guy Feiri?, Rachel Ray.. horrible.
I can't stand when somebody has an Ipod on, up to 11, in a public space - like a bus or a waiting, and you can hear every snowy word and muffled beat.
I hate the sound of nail clippers in public spaces. Seriously!
People who spit, clearing their throats and hucking.
People who chew with their mouths open. Uggggh!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 01:25 am
@CalamityJane,
I feel the same way about the name Calamity. What parent in their right mind would name a child Calamity ? ! ? ! ? It passeth all understanding . . .
CalamityJane

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 04:19 pm
@Setanta,
Perhaps sensible parents who want to warn others of their child?
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 06:31 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

I make snap judgements with names. We had a psycho "Shela" secretary
and I put every "Shela" I meet in the same category. Dto. with "Norma" and some other names I have bad associations with.

I know what you mean.

For years I took an automatic dislike to any guy named Scott.
Over a period of years I met half a dozen Scotts in a row who were really deficient in one way or another.

I also don't like the name Michael. If someone calls themselves Mike, I don't even pay attention. But Michael sound like a wuss. This came from meeting a couple of guys who called themselves Mike, everyone called them Mike, but when their girlfriends were around, they would call them Michael.

For the next type of person, I wouldn't have even noticied if they said this when I was young, but having lived in various areas of the country, most notably in this case parts of the south. It's people that within a short time of meeting them tell you they're a Christian.
I get the same nails on a blackboard feeling up my spine at that, and I immediately mistrust them.
I feel like they're either using that as some code word to see if I'm going to bite, or that they're setting me up because they're planning on being petty, or screw me over something.

I don't care if you're a "christian", just don't tell me about it, especially when we've known each other 10 minutes.

I feel the same way about people who have to tell you they're a vegetarian as soon as possible upon meeting you. The ones who launch off relating any random thing to their eating habits, but never asking you if you're one too. Like it's some unique, or at least unusual thing.
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2012 02:45 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
This came from meeting a couple of guys who called themselves Mike, everyone called them Mike, but when their girlfriends were around, they would call them Michael.

Omg, that's so true! We have a friend named Mike, always been Mike, but
his wife calls him Michael. He himself always introduces himself as Mike,
so I don't know where she got this, but Michael it is for her.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2012 03:22 pm
I have a major problem trusting anyone named "Linda."

Been burned too many times.
chai2

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2012 04:19 pm
@Eva,
The same Linda, or different ones?

Oh btw eva, I know you're a church goer. I didn't mean to say I dislike people for the beliefs they hold in that area, just that I get leery when they have to annouce it, and out of nowhere.
Ragman

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2012 04:30 pm
When my food server or cashier has certain piercings (tongue, lips, septum of the nose, eyebrow) I veer off to another line if I can. It goes beyond distracting or unattractive to me - in fact, I'm repulsed. If they're performing music, I have no big issue as they're far away on stage. When they're at arm's length, I am just not comfortable.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2012 09:33 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

The same Linda, or different ones?

A whole bunch of different ones, unfortunately.

Oh btw eva, I know you're a church goer. I didn't mean to say I dislike people for the beliefs they hold in that area, just that I get leery when they have to annouce it, and out of nowhere.

Oh, no offense taken. I feel the same way.

0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2012 07:28 pm
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/575277_343542532367671_176890359032890_848406_929521653_n.jpg
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Cover, Book, Judge
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 04:12:46