Electronic toggle

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2012 06:16 pm
Is there any such device: It is a semiconductor circuit with two wires or it is disk-shaped and goes for instance into a light socket like certain other adapters readily available for several purposes

Let’s use one in the socket: When I switch it on and off repeatedly, the lamp alternately lights then doesn’t; hence “toggle” action

Why? Well for instance I have two lights on one switch and I want only one of them to be on at a time. Easier by far than rewiring the circuit by threading another conductor then replacing the switch with a spdt

Is there such a device and if so what’s it called and where would one obtain it
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 538 • Replies: 3
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2012 11:54 am
@dalehileman,
Failing that, my BH, who is much smarter than I, suggests what she calls a “clapper,” a sound-activated switch one plugs into a wall socket, toggling by means of a handclap. By chance can anyone advise--if there is such--what it’s called in bulb form, what it might sell for, and where one might procure it

Thanks once again
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 07:33 am
@dalehileman,
Perhaps something like this will do the trick

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=remote+control+light+socket&oe=utf-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=15052863475923219438&sa=X&ei=t_yXT_y-O4yc8gTVg8SdBg&ved=0CJ0BEPMCMAA
dalehileman

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 09:57 am
@parados,
Thank you Par most kindly for that link. Although the product doesn’t met my immediate need I find it intriguing. I was disappointed though not to find a link giving a more complete description

For instance are the remote and the socket sold separately; and can the single remote activate more than one socket
0 Replies