Diamond Engagement Ring

Sun 22 Apr, 2012 05:05 pm
I am planning to ask my girlfriend to marry me and I'm looking for an intricate ring for her. Does anyone knows the best jewellery store where I can buy diamond engagement ring in Australia?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 8 • Views: 2,187 • Replies: 19
Topic Closed
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by aaronwest
Ragman

Sun 22 Apr, 2012 05:28 pm
@aaronwest,
Have you considered trying the classified ads and telephone directory?
msolga

Sun 22 Apr, 2012 06:08 pm
@Ragman,
Or Google?
And the yellow pages online?
Ragman

Sun 22 Apr, 2012 06:14 pm
@msolga,
Does Australia use Yellow Pages?
msolga

Sun 22 Apr, 2012 06:24 pm
@Ragman,
Yes.
They are delivered to your home free. Along with the White Pages.
They make wonderful doorstops.
But I believe their days are numbered as most people use the internet now.
I can't remember the last time I actually removed the packaging & used either.
0 Replies

margo

Sun 22 Apr, 2012 08:50 pm
Back in the old days it was rumoured that the police of the Flying Squad used the yellow pages (which were pink then) as a persuader.

You could whack your victim with it and it didn't leave marks.

I wonder if this is a troll post? If not - if you live in Sydney, try Nic Cerrone - look him up in the phone book or whatever!
Lustig Andrei

Sun 22 Apr, 2012 10:47 pm
@margo,
margo wrote:

I wonder if this is a troll post?

I was wondering the same thing, Margo. A little disingenuous, don'cha think? And no mention of what city or locality.
Phoenix32890

Mon 23 Apr, 2012 07:30 am
@Lustig Andrei,
I really hope that the poster is a troll. If not, I would suspect that he is very young and naive. If he is unable to figure out how to buy a diamond ring, and if asking for help, leaves out vital information, he is nowhere near ready for marriage.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Mon 23 Apr, 2012 07:38 am
@aaronwest,
Check the van at the corner of Hay and King catty-cornered from the Rydges Hotel in Perth. Ivan and Nate will offer you a vast selection of recently 'acquired' jewels including diamonds in white gold settings and some with pink opals, others with sapphires. Be sure to wear good running shoes and be ready to dash off if the police are in approach mode.
aaronwest

Thu 26 Apr, 2012 03:48 am
@Ragman,
Thank you for your reply. Yes, but I am looking for an online store that could have all the information I need about the jewellery. I tried visiting some but when I went to their shop I end up disappointed. My girl really have an intricate taste when it comes to accessories that's why I so careful what type of ring I would consider for her.
aaronwest

Thu 26 Apr, 2012 03:51 am
@msolga,
Thank you, but done that too. I am wondering if there could be an specific store that's really deliver good quality of services and jewellery and not just a nice online page.
aaronwest

Thu 26 Apr, 2012 04:00 am
@Sturgis,
No this insn't. I live in Sydney. I would consider your suggestion. I just wanted to have more options the reason I'm asking. Yes I'm ready to marry her, i love her but isn't it natural to think for the best ring for your future wife?.Thank you.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Thu 26 Apr, 2012 05:31 am
@aaronwest,
http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds/diamond-education

This website has a lot of information about choosing a diamond. My problem with your post is that you say that your gf has intricate taste, but you don't mention what you want to spend. The prices of diamonds vary all over the place, and you really have to know what you are doing when buying a diamond.

Good luck!
0 Replies

saab

Thu 26 Apr, 2012 06:07 am
Why not take the lady for a walk or even better a stroll along the best shopping street in town. Stop by the jeweler stores and see what she wants to look at. Ask her what kind of ring she likes
Maybe she does not even want to diamond ring.
There are rings where the diamond is above the ring - or how to describe it - I guess what you call engagement ring. I find them super impractical as the diamond get stuck in everything.
Then there are rings where the diamond is in the ring - which I think is very practical.
And there are plain rings.
If you love her -let her come along to buy it. She is the one to wear it all her life - hopefully.
0 Replies

margo

Fri 27 Apr, 2012 06:12 am
@aaronwest,
In Sydney, as I said above - Nic Cerrone - I think he's in Leichhardt - or used to be!

There must be a squillion jewelry stores here - wander around!

Or - there's always Tiffany!
bestonlinefashion

Fri 22 Feb, 2013 07:58 am
@margo,
Do you have checked Google?You can get better deal outside Australia,specially in UK.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Wed 24 Jul, 2013 01:34 am
Ahh, had to wait a long time but there it is -- the second half of the call and response spam package! You guys were slow on this.
0 Replies

margo

Fri 26 Jul, 2013 03:35 pm
Damn! ...and here I was hoping for a kickback from Nic Cerrone - who really does make spectacular jewellry!
0 Replies

madamejewelryuk

Wed 19 Feb, 2014 03:49 am
Why don't you try it online. By the way Best wishes bro....
0 Replies

mistryeve

Thu 16 Apr, 2015 06:11 am
@aaronwest,
You can take help of Google to find popular jewelry stores nearby you and also you can ask to your local friends or known person. I hope your love relation turns to a successful married relationship.

God Bless!!
0 Replies