Would you like to chat with me?

wanhong

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 08:13 am
I want to make friends through the internet and also chat with about their countries and their cultures or even their own stories if they would like to.So if you think so ,please contact me.My skype ID:clivia_wan
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 4,575 • Replies: 21
No top replies

Fido

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 09:15 am
@wanhong,
No I... I only sore jorn here to be unsociable...
dalehileman

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 11:04 am
@Fido,
Fido’s retort seems appropriate what with all the turmoil and acrimony of the typical Internet forum

Hong I’d be happy to chat with you however as [email protected]
wanhong

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 06:09 am
@Fido,
To be optimistic,Fido.I think true friend not only to share happiness with each other but also the pain.So just open your heart to social networking.You are welcome!
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 06:15 am
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:
Fido’s retort seems appropriate what with all the turmoil and acrimony of the typical Internet forum

Hong I’d be happy to chat with you however as [email protected]
Please note that Fido has informed us
that he has multiple mental disorders.
wanhong

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 06:25 am
@dalehileman,
Thank you!If i am not too busy ,I will often chat with you through mail.Hope we had good exchange.
0 Replies

wanhong

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 06:37 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Oh,my god!How horrible!
0 Replies

trying2learn

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 07:07 am
@wanhong,
I think it is great you want to make friends and learn about other countries and cultures. So chat away.

No I will not skype with you, give you my email or phone #.

Why don't you start by telling what country you live in? What interests you?
wanhong

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 09:33 am
@trying2learn,
Certainly!I work for a software company, Shenzhen, China.Shenzhen is a beautiful city,beautiful sea and a wide variety of tall trees.And it is also of rapid development city since China reform and opening up.In a word it is a modern city that full of fierce competition and fast pace of life.I interested in photoshop design and english spoken.I also like singing and dancing.
And you?
My email:[email protected]
trying2learn

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2012 01:57 am
@wanhong,
Thank you for sharing. You are interested in English? American English or British English?

wanhong

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2012 07:33 am
@trying2learn,
Haha,It's my pleasure.I think i like American english more than British english.
trying2learn

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 06:12 am
@wanhong,
Really? Why is that?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 07:06 am
So far you have a scintillating conversation going, I see.
trying2learn

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 10:24 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:
.... scintillating conversation going...
I don't know what this means?
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 11:08 pm
@trying2learn,
Wanhong, this is silly. Seriously. It's important that you understand that English is fluid and anywhere English is spoken it takes on it's own flair. There is no such thing as American English or British English. There is a difference in the spelling of some words in the dictionaries of Oxford or Webster's, the pronunciation will vary depending entirely on where you are in the US, the UK, Australia or other countries or the tiny counties or cities in between.
The only real difference is the slang, or the local sayings.
Basically, don't limit yourself to an ideal. It's doesn't exist.
trying2learn

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 11:31 pm
@Ceili,
No it is not silly and there is a difference. When I went to Europe and took a tour of a castle, you could take the tour in English or German. I choose English and luckily there was a German girl beside me to tell me what that person was saying. I did not understand her because she spoke British English.
Ceili

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 11:39 pm
@trying2learn,
That's my point. He's not going to be stuck in the middle of nowhere USA, he's going to be talking to the world. Why limit himself to some narrow little perspective.
Most people don't have that much difficulty with the accents and the slangs of the world, but if you paint yourself into a corner...
Now, could you tell me the particular brand of British English??? There are a few..
Just as Paula Dean speaks just a tad differently than Joan Rivers.
Comprende?
trying2learn

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 11:43 pm
@Ceili,
Ceili wrote:
Now, could you tell me the particular brand of British English???
No I can't because I didn't understand what she was saying. The German girl told me.
Ceili

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 11:58 pm
@trying2learn,
Me thinks it's deeper than language or accents.
trying2learn

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 12:00 am
@Ceili,
wow did I just read what you wrote? Anyway, it is the slang. That is why I could not understand. Thank you!
0 Replies