Do humans own actions make them go to either heaven or hell without god as a judge?

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2012 12:15 pm
My Roman Catholic mother recently had an interesting response after one of our many debates over religious matters. In a heated debate i proclaimed that her god was a hypocrite for proclaiming no one should judge another and then doing that same thing once they die. she said that "God does not judge anyone. They are the ones that choose their fates (by which she means choosing to go to an eternal hell)". Their actions on earth are what make them go to either heaven or hell. she began comparing it to a man who drives very fast in a car and thus is eventually killed. She also compared it to a man who puts on his shoes and chooses to begin walking.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,199 • Replies: 2
No top replies

1Prince

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2012 07:57 am
AS the Lord has said;

"By your words you'll be justified or by your words you'll be condemned."

"Almighty God judges no one, but has given all judgment over to the son so that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him.Truly I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes in the one who sent me possesses eternal life and will not come under condemnation, but has passed from death to life.
Truly I tell you, the hour is coming and is now here when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who have heeded it will live.
For just as the Father has life in himself, so too has he given his Son the possession of life in himself.
And he gave him power to pass judgment, because he is the Son of Man. Do not be amazed at this, because the hour is coming in which all who are in there tombs will hear his voice and will come out, all those who do right shall rise to live, the evil doer’s will rise to be damned
"

"When a wicked man turns from wickedness and does what is right and just, because of this he shall live."

"The righteous will shine like the son in the kingdom of their heavenly Father."

I am the light of the world. No one who follows me will ever walk in darkness, cause he will possess the light of life. Whoever walks in the dark does not know where he is going.
Once you have the light, keep faith in the light, and you will become a child of light.

Whoever believes in me believes not only in me but also in the One who sent me,
and whoever sees me sees the One who sent me.
I came into the world as light, so that everyone who believes in me might not remain in darkness.
And if anyone hears my words and does not keep them, I do not condemn him, for I did not come to condemn the world but to save it.
Whoever rejects me and does not accept my words he already has his judge, namely, the word that I have spoken that’s what will condemn him on the last day, because I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and speak. And since I know that his commandment means eternal life what I say is spoken just as He instructed me.

jimenezcarl

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2012 12:10 pm
@1Prince,
pretty interesting quotes! so it would seem that Jesus and God's word has become the instrument for judgement. Would there be any quotes that might have a different opinion?
0 Replies