Fast Food News

JTT

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 07:55 pm
@hawkeye10,
I understand that, Hawk. Selling partially solidified pink slime is the better business option.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 08:03 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

I understand that, Hawk. Selling partially solidified pink slime is the better business option.

The food service business is no place for the queasy...a lot of those flavorings and colorings come straight from the chemical plants. If we treating all the animals as PETA wants us too and used only additives that you considered "real food" the stuff on your plate would be so expensive and repulsive to the taste buds that you would puke.
JTT

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 08:16 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
If we treating[sic] all the animals as PETA wants us too[sic] and used only additives that you considered "real food" the stuff on your plate would be so expensive and repulsive to the taste buds that you would puke.

Another uninformed opinion, Hawk. I have real real food and I assure you that it tastes grand and it isn't at all expensive.
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 08:21 pm
These are still the best out here in CA

http://www.productwiki.com/upload/images/in_n_out_burger.jpg
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 08:24 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
If we treating[sic] all the animals as PETA wants us too[sic] and used only additives that you considered "real food" the stuff on your plate would be so expensive and repulsive to the taste buds that you would puke.

Another uninformed opinion, Hawk. I have real real food and I assure you that it tastes grand and it isn't at all expensive.

Sure, but can you cook it in a factory and then heat and serve it at meal time with a small number of minimum wage labor? Unless you are willing to pay $20+ a plate per meal this is a requirement. If you want to eat prefab food ya gotta make allowances.
0 Replies

EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2012 05:28 am
We have an old fashioned place kind of like a drive in, it's called Sonic, surprisingly they stay in business, worse fast food you could eat.
Sturgis

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2012 07:44 am
@ossobuco,
Quote:
I've only eaten at Arby's once, probably more than thirty years ago. The beef was so horrible I retain the memory to this day. I presume they've changed at least a smidgeon, or maybe not.

I first went to an Arby's in about 1981, it was terrible. Being of the sort of thinking that I should give them a second chance, I returned in 2002. The 'food' was as bad as before and now they had these impossible beverage dispensers which didn't work and had been pawed by hundreds and hundreds of people.

That second visit was enough, I figure if in 20 years they can't come forward, I have no interest in ever returning to their establishment.

In other news, I see there's a new blended food

http://www.goodexperience.com/broken/images/chickenfish.jpgWhat exactly is chickenfish?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2012 08:48 am
@EqualityFLSTPete,
Thanks for the warning - we have a Sonic in our closest shopping area, vying with McDonald's a block away and some kind of mini Wendy's across the street. That's three places I skip on by.

The good news is I/we have found a good family run donut shop in the same shopping area. I'm not a mad donut eater, just a once in a while one (maple frosted, please), but they have good coffee as well, and it's turned out to be a sort of community place.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 2 Apr, 2012 09:02 am
@CalamityJane,
Yep - I always go to In and Out when I am in CA
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2012 04:13 am
I love Mary J. Blige but I'm still not buying the chicken wraps at BK Cool

0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2012 04:15 am
@CalamityJane,
Yep I remember those! my favorite when I was a kid! We don't have them here in Florida.
0 Replies

Adam4Adam

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2012 05:31 am
When I lived in Indiana my favorite place was White Castle, I could eat twelve of their mini burgers, I miss them!
ehBeth

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2012 06:38 am
@Adam4Adam,
uh oh

someone said White Castle

Set will be waxing rhapsodic soon

(edit ... I just finished a Tim Hortons breakfast wrap ... not bad for fast food once you peel about half of the wrap off the innards)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2012 09:48 am
Naw, i only ate sliders when i was drunk or stoned . . .
Adam4Adam

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2012 02:25 pm
@Setanta,
Some grocery stores sell the frozen White Castles but they're just not the same.
0 Replies

NeroCat9999vr

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2012 08:32 am
@jcboy,
I've eaten there before, they're pretty good. Wink
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Fast Food News
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 04:57:00