Fast Food News

jcboy

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2012 06:59 pm
Wendy's has displaced Burger King as the #2 hamburger chain in the United States! BK still maintains a lead internationally and McDonald's is still bigger than both of them combined. In recent years, I've been kinda disappointed with Wendy's quality and actually prefer McD's or BK. Oh wait, I'm supposed to say: "I don't even eat fast food anymore."

Source? Me.
Razz
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 15 • Views: 3,979 • Replies: 35

Rockhead

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2012 07:06 pm
@jcboy,
Kansas' governor was on the TV today defending "pink slime" as a wrongly slandered food source that has been safe for 20 years.

I laughed.

what a world we live in...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2012 07:14 pm
It's people, you know.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2012 07:22 pm
Wendy's made a good move revamping their burger, it worked as well as Dominoes same move did a year before, and Burger King has made a slew of bad mistakes over the last years. I also notice that here Wendy's is adding stores in prime locations, where as Burger King stores are not growing and tend to be placed in second rate spots.
EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2012 05:00 am
You left out Taco Bell, my favorite.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2012 05:09 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
It's people, you know.

It's all part of population control (try not to think of it as cannibalism, it'll make eating Uncle Albert much easier).
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2012 08:28 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Burger King has made a slew of bad mistakes over the last years

http://www.freewebs.com/kirbyscrib/Burger%20King%20Guy.JPG

Talk about a mistake - the guy is creepy.
NeroCat9999vr

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2012 08:39 am
heres the news.
it makes you fat.
Linkat

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2012 08:46 am
@Linkat,
What happened? In my preview it worked -

Here he is again..

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/forkintheroad/burger-king-king.jpg
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2012 10:19 am
@NeroCat9999vr,
That's what the gym is for Wink
0 Replies

Sloan

Reply Sat 31 Mar, 2012 06:26 am
I avoid fast food, about the only place I'll eat at is subway.
Sturgis

Reply Sat 31 Mar, 2012 03:54 pm
@Sloan,
Quote:
I avoid fast food, about the only place I'll eat at is subway.

Subways is practically a death sentence. Whatever they pump into their breads in the way of preservatives, makes me sluggish the next day, achy and with ankles that look to be descendants of 50 year old sycamore trees.

I fell in love with Burger King early and Wendy's always satisfied me as well. Even if they are cooking their fries in pink slimed beef drippings, the taste is enough to lift my spirits on a gloomy day.

Arby's scared me when I noticed the 'cheese' was dribbling off the sides and it was ice cold.

Rockhead

Reply Sat 31 Mar, 2012 03:59 pm
@Sturgis,
arby's cheese comes in a can. you just stick it in the dispenser and it heats it.

if it's working properly.

you should see what the "roast beef" looks like before it gets cooked...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 31 Mar, 2012 04:02 pm
I have always been wary around Arby's sandwiches.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 31 Mar, 2012 07:17 pm
@edgarblythe,
Love Arby's roast beef, but not as much as my hometown Beef-A-Roo.....have no idea why anyone orders the rest of their menu though.
jcboy

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 06:59 pm
We have one fast food place here in Florida called Checkers, we didn’t have them in CA, damn good burgers! Cool
JTT

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 07:16 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Love Arby's roast beef,

How come Arby's roast beef doesn't look anything like roast beef? Why go to all the trouble of making roast beef that doesn't resemble roast beef when you could just roast beef?
ossobuco

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 07:19 pm
I've only eaten at Arby's once, probably more than thirty years ago. The beef was so horrible I retain the memory to this day. I presume they've changed at least a smidgeon, or maybe not.
JTT

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 07:33 pm
@ossobuco,
Arby's found a process whereby they could partially solidify pink slime and pass it off as roast beef.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2012 07:53 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
Love Arby's roast beef,

How come Arby's roast beef doesn't look anything like roast beef? Why go to all the trouble of making roast beef that doesn't resemble roast beef when you could just roast beef?

Because it would be too expensive and vary too much in quality. How in the hell would they ever make money selling sandwiches made of $6 a pound after cooking shrinkage roast beef?

1. Forums
  2. » Fast Food News
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/17/2024 at 09:38:16