Homosexuality

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2012 02:22 pm
All my life I have been hearing that homosexuality is wrong and that it is against God, but I have gay friends and they are cool to hang with. I am a christian and the thing about homosexuality is that it is a sin, a lot of people don't know that, it goes all the way back to roman times but it was because of sin that homosexuality was created. I'm ok when poeple go out there and talk about how man was for women and women for man, and that the same sex is wrong, but they don't say how God loves everyone. He loves no matter what race or gender, but homosexuality is a sin..so how can God love sin? NO he doesn't, but he loves greatly for the sinner to turn away from sin. Now I am not saying that gays are bad because they sin, they don't know they are sinning, like many poeple that don't know they are sinning. No one is perfect, I am definitley not perfect, but I want to point out that we should love others as ourselves, for that is what is writen in God's word. But many christians are already damning Homosexuals with their bad thoughts and hearts. When in reality we should be sharing God's love with the world no matter what. What are your opinions?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,680 • Replies: 10
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2012 03:45 pm
If you are a Christian, then you follow the teachings of Jesus Christ.

He accepted and loved everyone.

Casual and reckless sexual activity between any persons is not honorable. So anyone who does that does not deserve your respect.
chai2

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2012 03:57 pm
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

So anyone who does that does not deserve your respect.

I figure who am I withhold my respect?

As if I'm such a special person, that anyone would care if I respected them or not.

0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2012 04:05 pm
@clorox321,
If you go by the Christian faith then you know that everyone sins. That being the case we would all be in a bit of trouble then if God did not accept us even though we sin.

God does not love sin. But God loves us even though we sin.

those Christians damning Homosexuals are not following God's word - they judging others - how can they possibly damn them seeing they also sin then they need to damn themselves. Just judging others is wrong.

And like Punkey says Jesus loved and cared for everyone - even the so-called lowest of the low, He helps and loves.
0 Replies

tenderfoot

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2012 05:40 pm
@clorox321,
Clorox321.
All depends on what religion you "belong" to... please note you are not "owned" by yourself when you believe or have faith in only your particular religion. It was indoctrinated into you, by your parents then your priest, from the Day you were born whith no religion. So you are being "owned " by your religion as per your posting.
Below is a chart of "religions in the world from Wikipedia.. As you can see your religion is "believed " by a minority of humans, approximately 1.6 Billion Christians to 5.20 Billion others, in other words "Believing" doesn't make things true . So use your reasoning powers, not your religious teachings.

World Religions Four largest religions Adherents Percentage of world population Further information
World population 6.8 billion [1][2] Figure used by individual articles
Christianity 1.4 billion - 2.1 billion [3] 29% - 32% Christianity by country
Islam 1.57 billion [4] 20% - 25% Islam by country
Irreligion 1.1 - 1.5 billion [5] 16% - 20% Irreligion by country
Hinduism 900 million - 1 billion [6][7] 14% Hinduism by country
Buddhism 500 million [8][9][10][11] 7% Buddhism by country
Total 4.65 billion - 6 billion 68% - 90%
Ionus

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 05:30 am
The ancient Hebrews didnt object to homosexuality. They had many wives and young men could get dangerous if left single . You needed to either kill them off in wars or allow them some distraction . Like Male lions waiting for a pride, they could practice in pairs .

The tribe of Benjamin was nearly wiped out not for its homosexual practices but because it turned on a traveler, against the commandments of God . Despite them being homosexual, the Hebrews then decided they had to save the tribe from extinction . It strongly suggests homosexuality was not a big deal .

What the Hebrews did object to is the attending of the false temples where homosexual prostitution was practiced . That might take them away from God and weaken the tribe .

Paul (ex-Saul) was homosexual and he wrote most of the Bible we use today. He redeemed himself by going against most forms of sexuality but only as he grew old. Jesus definitely approved of Paul, so perhaps we should lighten up a bit when it comes to throwing the first stone?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 07:18 am
@tenderfoot,
and in that same light - many Christians believe that homosexuality is not a sin. In reading the Bible you could interpret different passages differently - it is black and white - there is a website that I've read that provides different interpretations - called religioustolerance.com (not 100% of the site but it close).
tenderfoot

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 07:12 pm
@Linkat,
Went on your religious site, it's a Christian site trying to advertise Christianity's beliefs as acceptable to everybody and asking for money to to further the acceptance of their beliefs... Are also trying to get themselves tax exempt.
Linkat

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2012 06:37 pm
@tenderfoot,
I've never seen anything ever ask for money on that site before - I will have to try to give you the exact site as you must be looking at the wrong thing. And it also discusses other viewpoint too.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2012 12:27 pm
@tenderfoot,
tenderfoot wrote:

Went on your religious site, it's a Christian site trying to advertise Christianity's beliefs as acceptable to everybody and asking for money to to further the acceptance of their beliefs...

Not even close to being a Christian site. Better look again

Quote:
OCRT Statement of Belief:

We are a multi-faith group. As of mid-2011, we consist of one Atheist, Agnostic, Christian, Wiccan and Zen Buddhist. Thus, the OCRT staff lack agreement on almost all theological matters, such as belief in a supreme being, the nature of God, interpretation of the Bible and other holy texts, whether life after death exists, what form the afterlife may take, etc.
http://www.religioustolerance.org/statbelief.htm
Linkat

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 06:57 am
@mesquite,
Thanks that is what my understanding of the site was - it is more geared to show various viewpoints to gain an understanding of each.
0 Replies