Usedta be bad, now it’s good

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 10:55 am
(I’m not sure how to select a forum for my OP so I’m assuming it’s done by the Staff but if I’m wrong, fellas, please let me know how it’s done)

Every so often one of the former vices turns out to be good for you after all, at least in moderation. So far I have identified seven such categcories:

1. ---

http://www.ghanavillage.com/showthre...nefits-of-sexx

It’s fascinating to note in this connection how we as a country are so hung up on ---, even to some facets of computer software. Mac’s well-established gratis habit of correcting one’s spelling without even flagging the word apparently extends to the “morality" of a word. When I typed “---” above the first time , Mac replaced it with three hyphens: ”---” as if I were about to reveal something dirty

Or does it have something to do with another meaning of the word in Ghanian

Psychological aspects of the issue:

http://www.uncommonforum.com/viewtop...=679309#679309

2. Coffee

Te deus; fiat lux, I’d sure miss my morning libation. God suerely invented coffee

3.Chocolate

In all its forms?

4. Inflation

I’ve always found it remarkable that—especially in a recession as now—that signs of a decreasing inflation rate are considered portentous

5. Alcohol

There is a God. Anyone wishing to discuss exotic imported brews, I am [email protected]

6. Eggs

It’s done by the alteration of chickenfeed formula
Honestly, no kidding

7. Candy, sugar, sweets

Oh thank you Science, God, the Media for bringing it all forth

8. Sodomy

COURT OKS GAY MARRIAGE, Victorville, Ca Daily Press Feb. 8

Can Anyone contribute to above list

Edited to note with amusement how the massive incompetence of computer programmers in the field of editing is so forcefully demonstrated in this thread. Okay so “---” is a dirty word in Ghanian. Note however that the presence of quotes prevents it from being replaced

http://www.ghanavillage.com/showthre...-peculiarities

Edited once more to note that Mac is so confused about “---” that he replaces it in one place but not the other, then corrects his apparent mistake after submission. Computer programmers are the most confused lot in the entire Universe

Yet “sexx” is ok as in the first link above

But this is OT isn’t it

Getting back to usedtabe good…..

Setanta

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 10:58 am
Look above the text of your opening post. You will see a "clickable" rubric entitled "Tag this topic." You can add up to five tags. The text of those tags constitute the fora.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 11:01 am
@Setanta,
Thank you Set. If I understand you correctly then, I can place the same post in more than one forum

Wonderful

But if I don’t, where will my OP appear
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 11:07 am
@dalehileman,

the post appears in a number of places --

new topics
my posts
my topics

if you add tags (which you can do at any time), it will also appear in my tags, as well as a forum for every tag added.

i added the "Vices" tag, which automatically adds it to the Vices forum
http://able2know.org/forum/vices/
Setanta

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 11:12 am
I've always been in favor of vice . . .
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 11:12 am
@Region Philbis,
Wow thanks Reg, our software is a lot more sophisticated than I had assumed. But

Do you think the email notice will be restored very soon and

Why can’t I scroll editing a post
Setanta

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 11:13 am
If thine mouse wheel offend thee, pluck it out . . .
dalehileman

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 11:17 am
@Setanta,
Set you’re far too literate for the average clod (me)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 11:54 am
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:
Do you think the email notice will be restored very soon and

interesting

when has there been email notification since you joined A2K?

edit

Has there been email notification availability since you joined A2K on March 3, 2012 ?
dalehileman

Reply Thu 8 Mar, 2012 12:11 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
"Do you think the email notice will be restored very soon and"

Quote:
interesting
Thank you Beth

Quote:
when has there been email notification since you joined A2K?
There hasn’t. From one of the Admin’s earlier posts I gathered that the facility was once active but it went out of commission and that you’re working on restoring it. Otherwise in some two decades of participating in Web activity I have never encountered a forum without email notification

But if that’s the way it must be I concede

Just trying to be helpful

Forgive me

I mean no harm

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Usedta be bad, now it’s good
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 09:02:10