What to do with diaries?

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 05:31 pm
While getting something from the safe today I came across the diaries I keep during Mo's abandonment/adoption. They're a blow by blow account of what was going on from the time his parents left him here until the time we became his parents.

I can't think of any reason he should ever see these but for some reason I haven't been able to throw them out.

Is there ever any reason to hold on to such things?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,156 • Replies: 4
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 06:11 pm
@boomerang,
you've asked about this before

http://able2know.org/topic/140219-1
boomerang

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 06:15 pm
@ehBeth,
Huh.

I guess I was convinced and that's why I didn't destroy them back then.

It looks like I'm unconvinced of their value once again.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 06:15 pm
@boomerang,
ya never know. Most adopted kids have this congenital need to meet and deal with their birth parents. You may need the journals at some time in the future. When hes like 30 and settled down with a kid of his own, Ill bet he will want to know that its wasnt his fault that his irth parents separated themselves from him. Ya really never know.
I ahve my fathers grandfather;s journals that he brought to AMerica as he escaped the Czar and adopted Russian Orthodoxy as his church (He were a jew) . '
Everything was in Russian dialect and cryllic of course but I goter done and transcribed the whole damn thing and with some connective story tissue, it could be a damn fine read
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 06:26 pm
The reason I was in the safe today was because of my day -- who died nearly a dozen years ago and left some unfinished business behind that no body ever expected to have anything happen with.

And while this news is good news.... great news, even... it's been a real emotional roller coaster for all of my family. It's weird.
0 Replies