Heaven

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 07:25 am
How can I be absolutely certain that I will go to Heaven when I die, and not be condemned to Hell?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,362 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 07:38 am
@TrumpetOfTheLord,
Why are you concerned about what happens after you die?

Live your life well.
Love.
Be kind.
Find ways of making the lives of others, near and far, better.

Breathe.

Live your life well.

Joe(Have a good one.)Nation
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 07:42 am
@TrumpetOfTheLord,
why would anyone want to go to heaven

to quote the famous theologian b. joel

"i'd rather laugh with the sinners, than cry with the saints
the sinners are much more fun"
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 10:49 am
@TrumpetOfTheLord,
Now what makes me think you are going to tell us ? Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 02:32 pm
@TrumpetOfTheLord,
You can't be. All that you can do is try to be the most decent person you can be.

This means no theft, no lies, no cheating on your partner or on a test or anything else, no murder of any creature not even a pesky fly (accidents happen so stepping on a bug may be allowed), no killing of trees or other
plants, no intentional badness in any way shape or form.

Even then, you might never get to Heaven, then again, you might not go to Hell either. You will find out....unless of course you don't. Just live a happy and good life, don't get caught up in worry about what might be waiting on the other side.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 03:05 pm
@TrumpetOfTheLord,
TrumpetOfTheLord wrote:
How can I be absolutely certain that I will go to Heaven when I die, and not be condemned to Hell?
Watch I SURVIVED. . . BEYOND and BACK at 1O PM tonight on the Bio Channel.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2012 03:46 pm
Google suggests that there is a Michael E Schmidt ( "doctor" of blowing his own trumpet) in the house !
0 Replies

Philis

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 10:46 pm
@TrumpetOfTheLord,
Cant be sure. It is a runners race. Strive, repent, persevere, stay in the only faith you know. Pray for forgiveness. Anyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved. AnYone.
0 Replies

1Prince

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2012 10:34 pm
You must misunderstand scripture.

The only one who's gone up to heaven is the One who came down from there, the son of man.

It is impossible for man to be saved but everything is possible for god.

No one knows the son except the Father and no one knows the Father except the son and whoever the sons will reveals him.

Quote:
The Lord says this;
The one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep.

I am the gate, whoever enters by me shall be saved.

All those who call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Justice will bring about peace; right will produce calm and security.

The Lord has redeemed his servant Jacob.

Observe what is right, do what is just; For my salvation is about to come, my justice about to be revealed, Blessed is the man who does this, the son of man who holds to it.

My chosen ones shall inherit the land, my servants shall dwell there.

The Lord’s power shall be known to his servants, but to his enemies, his wrath.

My teaching is not my own it comes from the one who sent me. I came down from heaven to do his will not my own.
Whoever chooses to do his will shall know about this teaching, namely, whether it comes from God or whether I‘m speaking on my own.

I am the light of the world. No one who follows me will ever walk in darkness, cause he will possess the light of life. Whoever walks in the dark does not know where he is going. Once you have the light, keep faith in the light, and you will become a child of light
Whoever believes in me believes not only in me but also in the one who sent me,
and whoever sees me sees the one who sent me.
I came into the world as light, so that everyone who believes in me might not remain in darkness.
And if anyone hears my words and does not keep them, I do not condemn him, for I did not come to condemn the world but to save it.
Whoever rejects me and does not accept my words he already has his judge, namely, the word that I have spoken that’s what will condemn him on the last day, because I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and speak.
And since I know that his commandment means eternal life what I say is spoken just as He instructed me.

0 Replies

outgoingpeep

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2012 08:51 pm
@TrumpetOfTheLord,
What makes you think you're "automatically" going to Heaven after you die or be condemned to Hell??? Have you ever thought that you might not go to any of those places?? If it makes you feel any better I suggest you become a nun or if you're a male become a priest, then you can be certain you can go to Heaven, oh but wait.....even nuns and priests do "bad" things. What am I saying? We hear it all the time on the news that priests molest children and what have you, so never mind what I said earlier.

Just keep reading the scriptures and be good. =D
0 Replies