F#m7 Chord for Eb Sax

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 04:02 pm
I'm not sure that this is the right place to post this but, I couldn't find a better place, does anyone know what the Blues scale is on the Eb Alto Sax for the F#m7 chord? I would appreciate the help, I'm trying to improv to a peice and I can't remember the darn scale.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 768 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Letty

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 04:09 pm
Hey, rorwizard. Welcome to A2K. I don't play sax, but I love the sound of a tenor and an alto.

Key of f#--minor 7th chord, right? I'll see what I can find out for ya. There's a member of A2K whose handle is Thelonious Monk. There's also someone whose persona is Drom and who plays the tenor sax, I think.

Sorry I can't help 'ya, man.
0 Replies

fluffhead237

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 11:35 am
I'm pretty sure you can just play a standard F# blues scale over an F#minor 7th chord since the F# blues scale includes a flat 3rd and 7th interval already.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 12:58 pm
Hey rorwizard, welcome to A2K.

It would be better if I were to draw you a diagram and send it to your e-mail account, as-- when it comes to music and describing chords-- my writing just fails or confuses, whereas I can make a diagram easily. If you want this, I'll send it to you soon.

0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2004 12:33 pm
I don't know about you, Drom and line man, but I would have expected a response or acknowledgement from rorwizard by now.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2004 04:55 pm
This has been posted twice. Good grief!
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 02:22 am
Yeah, I would have thought so too! Maybe it was urgent; but if it were urgent, maybe they'd check back?

0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 08:14 am
Hey, all. This thread has been posted in the performing arts category also, and got several responses. Sooooo, that explains the problem.

Thanks, drom for responding, anyway.
0 Replies

rorwizard

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 05:43 pm
Thanks guys, sorry I didn't respond earlier, I've been quite busy over the last few days and haven't been at A2K since posting that, I ended up figuring it out by myself... it was urgent... sorry for not responding earlier
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 05:52 pm
Young man with a horn. Paul Desmond..emulate him, and you've got a winner. Dave Brubeck couldn't take five without Paul...wow..wish I could remember the sweet sax that played Heather on the Hill or Bess You is My Woman Now.
0 Replies