Domain search

DennisN

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 10:06 pm
Hi. Got a question relating to domain name search.

Domain name search sites allow to you key in a URL, and then bring up all the particulars of that website. I have a different kind of query I would like to do, and cannot find a website which will permit this type of search.

I am hoping you can suggest a site, or a method to achieve this query.

I want a list of all the URLs that were registered as a .com.sg or .sg during a certain period of time. So for example, a list of all URLs successfully registered during august 2010.

Any idea how to go about achieving this aim?

Many thanks

Ant.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,371 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2012 08:32 am
@DennisN,
Huh, that's a historical question and a large domain registration site probably would not give you the particulars (or would charge you for them), but they might at least be willing to give you an aggregate number. It may also be considered to be something of a privacy violation if they were to give the names out (or at least a violation of their own Terms of Service/contracts with their clients), seeing as people and corporations often purchase URLs they will never use, just to keep others from using them, or to squat and see if they can get some $$ for them.

For example, someone might own SuperBowlWinner2112.com and be figuring they will pass it onto their grandchildren who will sell it as squatters. Or Widget Maker might own WidgteMakersucks.com or the like, in order to prevent disgruntled customers from using that URL to complain.
0 Replies