Did Nostradamus prophesy a pole shift?

rosborne979

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2012 11:03 am
@farmerman,
At least the new season of Justified has started, right? Is this season any good? I haven't watched any of them yet.

Nostradamus didn't predict the cancellation of Grimm did he. What kind of a seer could have missed that.
farmerman

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2012 11:35 am
@rosborne979,
Turns out I was premature. Grimm is back tonite(They had a "hiatus" for two weeks)

As far as "Justified" I only caught the first one and DVR'd the next two. Ill catch up this weekend.
Our ON DEMAND service also saves all the Jasutifieds so I wont miss any. The fiorst one was really kinda violent. It appears that some of the Detroit Mafia wish to move in on Harlan County, and Boyd is trying to find the hidden money that resulted from the lady villain's amassed fortune from last season (The lady poisoned herself at the end)
rosborne979

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2012 11:39 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Turns out I was premature. Grimm is back tonite(They had a "hiatus" for two weeks)
I wondered what happened to them. Ok, glad they didn't cancel it Wink
0 Replies

leowh

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2012 04:28 pm
You must all think of me as a poor sod for posting this question. Here I am giving you my interpretation of a Nostradamus quatrain and all of you are discussing what you watched on the telly last night . . . but it's nice to see that you lads have a sense of humour about you. LOL! If there is a coming pole shift and the end is nigh, then why not laugh a little?
farmerman

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2012 05:46 pm
@leowh,
because apparently you didnt get the distinction between a "Pole SHift" (which is what youve interpreted the quatraine to mean) and a polar REVERSAL, which is what geology and geophysics are saying will happen within the next few tens to a hundred thousand yars. A POLAR REVERSAL is where the N and S (seeking) poles actually flip in accordance with internal siderici magama changes and tidal drag. SO thedynamo changes periodically (every 6 or 7oo thousand years ) and we wait and see what happens. I think Mickey was assigned a bit too much power in legend and not reality.

DAve (one of our older members actually went to school with Nostradamus)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 05:47 am
@leowh,
OK, Spock. Just what makes you think that this alleged "pole shift" means "the end is nigh?"
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 07:08 am
Quote:
Nostradamus’s Century 6, Quatrain 21
•Quant ceux du polle arctic unis ensemble,
Et Orient grand effrayeur & craints:
Esleu nouveau, soustenu le grand tremble,
Rodes, Bisence de sang Barbare teincte.

My French is rusty. I only took two classes in college. But I want to give this a better English translation.

When an ensemble dances around the arctic poles
And grand courtesans and crooners arrive from the Orient
A new entertainment will cause a big sensation
As Rihanna and Beyonce sing a tribute to Barbara (Streisand)
farmerman

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 07:11 am
@wandeljw,
Laughing

Im Loling, Ive NEVER loled before. IS there something wrong?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 07:12 am
@wandeljw,
Yeah, there's no doubt about it . . . your French sucks big time.
wandeljw

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 07:13 am
@Setanta,
Thanks. You must think I am a poor sod.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2012 07:15 am
No, i found it marginally amusing . . .
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 09:45:07