His Word

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 11:06 am
@parados,
A farmer went out to sow his seed.
As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up.
Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root.
Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants.
Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.
Whoever has ears, let them hear.
parados

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 11:26 am
@His Word,
A farmer went out
to sow his seed
but along came a lout
that undid his deed
His Word

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 11:30 am
@parados,
Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance.
Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them.
This is why I speak in a parable.

Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand.
parados

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 11:33 am
@His Word,
Whoever has will
be given more
And yet you still
make this a chore.
His Word

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 11:37 am
@parados,
The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field.
But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away.
When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared.
The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?’
“‘An enemy did this,’ he replied.
“The servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’
“‘No,’ he answered, ‘because while you are pulling the weeds, you may uproot the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.
His Word

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 11:43 am
@His Word,
The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed,
which a man took and planted in his field.
Though it is the smallest of all seeds, yet when it grows,
it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree,
so that the birds come and perch in its branches.
His Word

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 01:30 pm
@His Word,
If we confess our sins,
he is faithful and just
and will forgive us our sins,
and purify us from all unrighteousness.
His Word

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 03:37 pm
@His Word,
In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways,
but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son,
whom he appointed heir of all things,
and through whom also he made the universe.
His Word

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 06:02 pm
@His Word,
Are there not twelve hours of daylight? Anyone who walks in the daytime will not stumble, for they see by this world’s light.
His Word

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 07:33 pm
@His Word,
It is when a person walks at night that they stumble, for they have no light.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 08:08 pm
@His Word,
Not so true
there's always light
Be it from the moon, light blue
in the darkness of the night

Or from the cats eyes
who can see so well
Is it purely about humans, not wise
and witches cast spells
His Word

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 08:11 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
The sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.
His Word

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 08:19 pm
@His Word,
At that time people will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. And he will send his angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of the heavens.
His Word

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 08:22 pm
@His Word,
Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that it is near, right at the door. Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
His Word

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 08:27 pm
@His Word,
But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come.
It’s like a man going away: He leaves his house and puts his servants in charge, each with their assigned task, and tells the one at the door to keep watch.
Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back—whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawn. If he comes suddenly, do not let him find you sleeping. What I say to you, I say to everyone: ‘Watch!’
His Word

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 08:52 pm
@His Word,
Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.
His Word

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 08:55 pm
@His Word,
"My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.”
Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”
His Word

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 09:02 pm
@His Word,
Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”

Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves. Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it."
His Word

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 09:07 pm
@His Word,
"If you love me, keep my commands. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”
His Word

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 09:11 pm
@His Word,
Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, “But, Lord, why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world?”

Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

“All this I have spoken while still with you. But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

“You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. I have told you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe. I will not say much more to you, for the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold over me, but he comes so that the world may learn that I love the Father and do exactly what my Father has commanded me.

Come now; let us leave."