Buying a Guitar

husker

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 03:38 pm
I want to buy a classical or acoustic Guitar - what do you know or what can you advise of Brand Model or anything else.
Been watching ebay for Sigma by Martin. The Martin's are to expensive.
I kind of want to stay in the $80 to $100 range, used is ok if it's in good condition.
Recommends on other brands to look at and to stay away from?

Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 787 • Replies: 5
No top replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 04:31 pm
Hi Husker,
I'm a guitar player aswell. I have a sigma guitar, it's awesome. I wouldn't trade it for the world. As far as getting a good guitar for as cheap as $80, I don't think that'll happen but you never know. My advise is to check out the pawn shops, thats where i picked up my sigma. Do you play already or are you just learning?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 04:32 pm
We just got rid of the worst guitar in modern history, the son plays and I'm wanting to learn. Part of it is that since we got rid of the old one all I can hear now is electric, I miss the rich sound of the wooden guitar
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 04:39 pm
Cool. What kinda guitar was it that you got rid of?
Why don't you ask your son what he suggests? When looking to buy guitars make sure to test it out lots, see what has better sound, check how close the strings are to the fret board, and if buying used, make sure to check it over very good to see if it's worped, weathered, or has cracks. And don't be afraid to bargain!
0 Replies

fluffhead237

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 04:39 pm
Hey Husker...Here are a couple of excellent sites that have helped me decide on guitars and other instruments.

Harmony Central

Make sure to check out the 'Product Review Database'. It lists pretty much every electric and acoustic guitar made and what people think of them. There's a discussion board, tablature, FAQ, etc. Great site.

Whole Note

This one has by far the best forum on guitars I've found yet. Click on the 'fretbuzz' link at the top to see the forum. It also hosts great lessons, great articles and plenty of product reviews.

Hope this helps.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 04:43 pm
WIll check it out !
Thanks
0 Replies