Music lessons for someone who's soft spoken?

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 09:01 pm
If someone is soft spoken, would taking music lesson help the person learn how to speak more loudly? What could help a soft spoken person?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 640 • Replies: 5
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 09:08 pm
If difficulty with breath control is the reason the person is soft-spoken, some types of music lessons might be helpful.

If the person is soft-spoken for some other reason, it may not be as useful to take music lessons.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 06:14 am
Why is the person soft spoken? Is it that she is non-assertive? In that case, some assertiveness training might help. Does she simply have a soft voice? How about a course in diction, or public speaking? Singing lessons might build confidence, but I would really have to know more before I could pinpoint what I thought would be a good way to go for this person!
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 07:35 am
In general, training on abdominal muscles would help, especially for guys.
0 Replies

Blackie Chan

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 08:58 pm
The person is laid back, I guess she's not assertive enough. Part of it might have to do with her not being confident enough.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2004 07:41 am
Blackie - laid back is quite different from not confident. I can think of a couple of members on this board who I've met in person who are laid-back and extremely confident.

Figuring out what might help will be easier once you determine which is causing the person to be soft-spoken.
0 Replies