If a man masturbates when his wife menstruates...

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2011 08:51 am
@chai2,
Have I said anything that contradicts this?

chai2

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2011 08:58 am
@Cyracuz,
The title of your thread contradicts this.
Cyracuz

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2011 09:05 am
@chai2,
No it doesn't. Your interpretation might, but that's not the same thing.

The idea behind the title is that a man's masturbation and a woman's menstruation both relate to the destruction of reproductive materials.
The idea is that this was why masturbation was a sin in religion, and why women have been seen as unclean or sinful by virtue of their gender. It's religious oppression, and I am asking if the controversy around abortion is a remnant of the same religious oppression.
chai2

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2011 11:30 am
@Cyracuz,
Then the answer is no.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2011 12:02 pm
@Cyracuz,
Blaming her for her "interpretation" is dodging the issue of both your ignorance of the female reproductive process, and the ambiguous nature of the thread. Do you expect people to read your mind?
Cyracuz

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2011 04:25 pm
@Setanta,
No matter how you spin it, you cannot say that the title of the thread implies lacking knowledge of anything unless you assume a context that isn't even implied.

This is arrogance on your part. Something doesn't check out according to the perspective you put it in, and then the error must naturally be in the title, because you never make mistakes, and your perspective is always the right one.
Setanta

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 03:03 am
@Cyracuz,
How pathetic of you. You asked in your opening post if a man masturbating and a woman menstruating (from the title) makes it an abortion. Since then, you've written:

Quote:
The idea behind the title is that a man's masturbation and a woman's menstruation both relate to the destruction of reproductive materials.

A woman's egg has died anywhere from ten days to two weeks before menstrual bleeding begins. A woman's menstruation is not the destruction of reproductive material, that material was "destroyed" (simply died on its own) long, long before menstrual bleeding begins.

As for "never making mistakes," i have a policy which i am usually, although certainly not always, able to follow. That is not to post unless i happen to know what i am talking about. You never seem to bother with whether or not you know what you are talking about before you post.
Cyracuz

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 06:58 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
A woman's egg has died anywhere from ten days to two weeks before menstrual bleeding begins.

Menstrual bleeding still relates to the egg, and I have not been anymore specific than that. At which point during the menstrual cycle the egg dies is irrelevant to this discussion. Now you're just acting like a troll.
chai2

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 09:17 am
@Cyracuz,
Cyracuz wrote:

Quote:
A woman's egg has died anywhere from ten days to two weeks before menstrual bleeding begins.

Menstrual bleeding still relates to the egg, and I have not been anymore specific than that. At which point during the menstrual cycle the egg dies is irrelevant to this discussion. Now you're just acting like a troll.

Well dying relates to birth, so should we consider every death murder?

now your just crawfishing.

you wrote a fucked up title, and now you're trying to do damage control.
Cyracuz

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 11:14 am
@chai2,
Why is the title fucked up?
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 12:05 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Well dying relates to birth, so should we consider every death murder?

now your just crawfishing.

you wrote a fucked up title, and now you're trying to do damage control.

First answer my question.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 12:31 pm
@Cyracuz,
Cyracuz wrote:

ok - so you've started off in the wrong place. Menstruation is not related to destruction of reproductive materials. That's already dealt with by the body shortly after ovulation.

what's your next idea?

~~~

Let's talk about the kind of guy that doesn't have issues with having intercourse with his wife while she is menstruating? That kind of guy is as awesome as the guy who knows to bring home cranberry and blueberry juice when his partner is menstruating.

Men who assist with pain relief are to be treasured.

Science is so much more interesting than religion.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 12:32 pm
@Cyracuz,
How about dealing with the fact that you started off with a bad idea and moving on to something defensible.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 12:37 pm
@Cyracuz,
Cyracuz wrote:

But my comparison to abortion wasn't so much focused on the act of masturbation itself, but more on the fact that when a man has orgasm he discards material that could potentially be a human being.

The woman does the same when she has her period.

No. A woman is not discarding materially that could potentially be a human being when she menstruates.

It might, possibly, perhaps, contain material that might, possibly, perhaps have been useful in creating and supporting creation of a embryo several days or weeks earlier, but that opportunity is long gone by the point of menstruation.
chai2

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 01:15 pm
@ehBeth,
and what about all the eggs that are still in a woman's ovaries when she goes through menapause?

She just killed legions.
chai2

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 01:18 pm
@chai2,
OMG!

It's even worse than I thought!

Unlike men, who produce new sperm daily throughout most of their lifetime, women are born with all their eggs in one — okay, two baskets (ovaries). To be more precise, a woman is born with about one to two million immature eggs, or follicles, in her ovaries.

Throughout her life, the vast majority of follicles will die through a process known as atresia. Atresia begins at birth and continues throughout the course of the woman's reproductive life. When a woman reaches puberty and starts to menstruate, only about 400,000 follicles remain. With each menstrual cycle, a thousand follicles are lost and only one lucky little follicle will actually mature into an ovum (egg), which is released into the fallopian tube, kicking off ovulation. That means that of the one to two million follicles, only about 400 will ever mature.

Relatively little or no follicles remain at menopause, which usually begins when a woman is between 48-55 years of age. The remaining follicles are unlikely to mature and become viable eggs because of the hormonal changes that come along with menopause.

Every month we foul unclean women let a thousand potential lives perish!
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 02:58 pm
@Cyracuz,
Cyracuz wrote:

...does that make it an abortion?

Not according to Ellie Woods in Legally Blond

Quote:
ELLIE: Although Mr. Huntington makes an excellent point...

I have to wonder if the defendant...

kept a thorough record of every sperm emission...

made throughout his life.

PROF: Interesting. Why do you ask?

ELLIE:Unless the defendant attempted to contact...

every single one-night stand to determine...

if a child resulted in those unions...

he has no parental claim over this child whatsoever.

Why now? Why this sperm?

PROF: I see your point.

ELLIE:And for that matter, all masturbatory emissions...

where his sperm was clearly not seeking an egg...

could be termed reckless abandonment

PROF: I believe you've just won your case.

http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/l/legally-blonde-script-transcript-reese.html
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 07:27 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
what's your next idea?

That the controversy surrounding abortion is rooted in the same religious oppression that would have us believe masturbation is a sin and women are unclean because of their gender.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.36 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 10:16:01