When did this site happen?

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 09:47 pm
Hello, I'm Bill and I go by RoverRoad, I just found this site today and it looks great! I've been looking for a site just like this for a long time now. I 've been suffering at a similar site, which I will not mention by name (answerpool). I was wondering if any of you are from the old and now defunct Ask Jeeves AnswerPoint? I haven't recognized any names here yet.

Anyway, love the site. I feel at home already. Very Happy
Rover
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,440 • Replies: 56
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 10:09 pm
Welcome, Boss. Although this site increasingly attracts people who have dropped in or were drawn in from other sites, or search engines, i believe that it fair to say the in the beginning it was populated by people from one of two sites, and those they knew. Neither was one of the sites you have mentioned.

Have a good time here, Boss, hope you'll enjoy yourself.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 10:15 pm
welcome and ditto to what set said.............
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 10:19 pm
If you click on the ribbon with FAQ / Search / Memberlist at MEMBERLIST you will get a chronological listing of members (amazing!). First name that should leap out is Craven de Kere, our patron and chief hamster.

From the earlier crowd, the majority of us are escapees from Abuzz. It used to be a brilliant site, well thought of, and then it went horribly, horribly wrong. I've got no idea how A2K has been spread out into the Net, there's a thread going that might give you a few clues:

How did you find out about this site?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 10:21 pm
Welcome aboard ;-)

I use to frequent another forum as well, but since I've been here at A2K, I very rarely go to the other forum.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 10:24 pm
I see you've already met some of the locals! It's Montana's birthday dontchaknow - say Happy Birthday Montana! Everyone!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 10:24 pm
Yup, Abuzz is where I floated here from. I started off here with my user name being Gezzy just as it is on abuzz, but I decided to change it to montana quite awhile back.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 11:20 pm
Greetings, Hatchling!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 11:22 pm
Brand X, have I said how happy I am that you're around? Not sure where you came from, but happy to have someone who tends towards the conservative side of the spectrum, has a sense of humor, and doesn't flail away on the politics forum exclusively. (I think some of the more interesting discussions happen between participants who "know" each other in some sense outside of the politics threads.)
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 11:32 pm
Thank you very much, Sozobe! I enjoy it here, kind of burned out on politics right now after running over the same ground forever.

This is the first chat forum that I have participated on that isn't related to a specific hobby or subject, it's a blast!
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 11:35 pm
Well thanks everyone, and I'll try not to ware out my welcome to soon. I'm just have to hold back on my political views in the news forums. :wink:

Happy birthday Montana.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 11:36 pm
Rover, if you read the last two posts by sozobe and Brand X, you'll get a good idea of why this stie works so well. There is a comaraderie here that exists outside one interest--giving a2k a wonderful variety.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2004 11:48 pm
roverroad wrote:
Well thanks everyone, and I'll try not to ware out my welcome to soon. I'm just have to hold back on my political views in the news forums. :wink:

Happy birthday Montana.

Thank you and Mr. Still for the Birthday wish :-)

I truly hope you enjoy your stay here :-D
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 12:12 am
Hi ya Bill...welcome. Stick around...this is a great place to hang out.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 12:25 am
Roverroad
You'll be fine here, and have fun, as long as you don't take notice of Mr Stillwater - we're trying to have him sobered up and de-loused! Wink.

Just remember, though - Aussies are everywhere!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 02:25 am
everywhere......
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 02:40 am
We're like locusts!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 03:00 am
or rabbits....
0 Replies

AaTruly

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 03:24 am
and some have wombats in their belfry...
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2004 03:31 am
margo wrote:

Just remember, though - Aussies are everywhere!

Thank GOD !!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » When did this site happen?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/12/2024 at 09:50:51